Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I lost my best friend this weekend.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42054-i-lost-my-best-friend-weekend.html)

Mr Gadgets 01-27-2003 07:18 PM

I lost my best friend this weekend....

Many of you know my friend, Jim, who has been boating with me a great deal over the years. We went to Loto the past two years for the shootout together.
Well, he passed in his sleep very peacefully early this Sunday morning. He was, I believe, 54 yrs old and I have known him for at least 51 yrs. We had a lifetime of friendship and hung out together as much as life would let us.
Such a friend that was always there when you needed one! I and everyone that knew him will miss him dearly!

Dick

Erie Desire 01-27-2003 07:21 PM

:( :( :( :(
Very sorry to here this. Life is short indeed!

26scarab 01-27-2003 07:30 PM

Dick,
Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Chuck

Charmed1 01-27-2003 07:34 PM

Sorry for your loss. We should all remember life can be to short so make the most of every day and always let the ones you love and care about know how you feel every day not just on special occasions.

Mr Gadgets 01-27-2003 07:34 PM

Thank you guys.. I do appreciate it!

SpectreBoy 01-27-2003 07:40 PM

Bummer dude

Just be thankful you had a good friend, your one up on me. Just member the good times, and all the fun you guys had, Sorry for your loss. Mark

Magicfloat 01-27-2003 07:49 PM

So sorry, I lost mine a year and a half ago. The pain is still there. I think of the good times we had. Life is so short, we never know when ours, or a loved one's,will end.I try to live each day to the fullest,nobody ever said how long we will be around. Remember, think of the good times you shared. Robert

Sydwayz 01-27-2003 08:02 PM

:( :(

Jassman 01-27-2003 08:10 PM

In life you have many aquainces, but true friendship like you have is hard to find, just remember, he is still with you and always will be. Good luck to you, and God bless.

redscarab3 01-27-2003 08:16 PM

Re: I lost my best friend this weekend....

Originally posted by Mr Gadgets
Many of you know my friend, Jim, who has been boating with me a great deal over the years. We went to Loto the past two years for the shootout together.
Well, he passed in his sleep very peacefully early this Sunday morning. He was, I believe, 54 yrs old and I have known him for at least 51 yrs. We had a lifetime of friendship and hung out together as much as life would let us.
Such a friend that was always there when you needed one! I and everyone that knew him will miss him dearly!

Dick

Dick
I to lost a close freind of 25 years. he to was ironicaly 54 and passed away in his sleep on a sunday morning last Oct. it freaked me out when his wife Cory called me that Sunday morning on the way to the hospital. There is not a day goes by that i do not think of Fred.
It will be a hard journey.

Greg