Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any Ideas??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42066-any-ideas.html)

ExtremeBoatsMag 01-27-2003 11:16 PM

Any Ideas???

1 Attachment(s)
If anyone has any ideas you would like to see in a upcoming issue of Extreme Boats Magazine please use the following link:

http://www.extremeboatsmag.com/forums/index.php?board=3

Also, If you have a story you would like published please submit it to [email protected] and we might publish it in our monthly "Member Article" section.

ExtremeBoatsMag 01-28-2003 12:30 AM

They will roll out in March. When you get your first issue please feel free to give your suggestions on our site.

Mike Murphy

MnHowardCat 01-28-2003 11:36 AM

I like reader rides and poker run news and not jest the big events
but some smaller local events a round the country.;)

n2fastboats 01-28-2003 05:16 PM

I agree with MnHowardCat

I would like to see more readers boats. Maybe a little history on the owner and their rating on their boat. (like one, two, three, four, and five propellers for the best rating)

Just a thought :)

tbone 01-28-2003 06:21 PM

Mike,
Who is the publishing company?

HyperBaja 01-28-2003 07:19 PM

What about some type of step by step Aronow boat restore? Through a few different issues of course.

What about a list of manufactures (boat co's and products) for a February Issue next year?

Ted G 01-28-2003 07:42 PM

I know it's a "Long Shot" but maybe a used Apache give away:D :D :D

Heck,I already got the t-shirt:cool: ;)

ExtremeBoatsMag 01-28-2003 08:14 PM

Thanks Guys

1 Attachment(s)
These are some great ideas, keep them coming :)

We will be high lighting between 16 and 20 "Member Rides" every issue with details on the owner and their history.

We have a complete list of manufactures online in our Marine Mall.

We are publishied by Ford Publishing, Inc.

...and we will try to work on that apache for you guys :)

ExtremeBoatsMag 01-28-2003 08:32 PM

KnowNothin???

Their might be some things working behind the scenes.

Ted G 01-28-2003 09:16 PM

Originally posted by srobak
insptech> Long Shot is a Cig :)

That would be O.K. too:D

JnT 01-29-2003 09:05 AM

suggestions

Readers rides are cool.Hot Rod used to pick up a cheap car and do a build up on a budget.Maybe you could do something similar with a boat?How to articles,driving tips,maintenance,etc are always interesting to read.Of course show the big boys and their turbine powered Skaters! I always wished Hot Boat would publish annual compilations of their outboard tech and stern drive columns.Lots of good info but sometimes hard to track down where you saw it.

ExtremeBoatsMag 01-29-2003 03:23 PM

Thanks Jimmyz27 & Too Old

1 Attachment(s)
These are some more great ideas. I have forwarded them on to the editor. I really like the build up on a budget and boating destinations, guys.

Thanks Again

Mike

OBNOXUS21 01-29-2003 03:40 PM

I like the idea of spotlight on a readers ride or test run on an older boat as well as some new, but older stuff is still everywhere and lots of people run the olders cigs, apaches, and scarabs that look in "new" condition.
And smaller events or hot spots that attract people to certain destinations (winter runs, spring breaks, holiday weekend vacations). Like following a group around for parties and poker runs for the weekend.

Looking forward to the mag!

cobra marty 01-29-2003 05:58 PM

TESTING and RESULTS.

1) Take an average boat like Baja 25' and try it with different props- pitch and blades-3,4,5. Then try with 2" shorter lower unit. Do this every month on a different boat!

2) Take someones boat and test it and make it faster. Show before and after.

3) test speed difference of GPS and pilot tube speedo.

4) Speed difference with offshore water pickups

5) Invest in Land and Sea propshaft dyno and let owners guess their HP and then test actual HP.

6) Before and after thru hull exhaust

7) Exhaust manifolds shootout!!

tripps 01-29-2003 06:24 PM

Do some articles on the smaller engine builders,smaller boat builders,and local fun spots,I know plenty on LI south shore look me up,fly in,we will even take my boat!!! tripps

email [email protected]

46tomcat 01-29-2003 07:06 PM

Go for a ride inTomCat

Rambunctious 01-29-2003 08:21 PM

or have a "win a ride in Tomcat" raffle:D

do a "are you really a gearhead" tech test., engine specs and boating history, etc

we have some good ones on archive posts

26scarab 01-29-2003 08:35 PM

I like the idea of taking a average boat and trying to make it faster ! I will voluteer mine for a 2" shorter lower !!:D We can A/B that.

I would also like to win a ride in "tomcat" although that boat is so beautiful I'd be afraid to just board the thing.

Rob ,
Here's a question for you ... Who is Betty Cook ? Hopefully you can answer that one !!

KAAMA 01-30-2003 12:17 AM

Thanks for asking us!

ExtremeBoatsMag,

Looks like the guys have given you lots of good ideas---here's a few more suggestions.

How about LOTS of engine building articles??? There are TONS of smaller not so well known shops building and dynoing engines all the time everywhere! It would be nice to see more dyno test comparisons from one part to another.

Also testing some of these Bravo One aftermarket shops. Using the same boat and engines only just switching the drives such as Max Machine Worx, IMCO Extreme SC, Teague Platnum, Billet Marine, etc, etc. Do a tear down of each drive IF it survives and see who's really WHO in the Bravo drive arena.

Whatever story/article you do please do not be vague about the info. People want to KNOW as much info from reading the acticles without feeling like they still have a ton of questions afterwards and please be very forward with end results. And LOTS of pictures with captions speaks volumes!!!

Thanks
Mark/KAAMA

Caincando1 01-30-2003 03:17 PM

If anyone has any ideas you would like to see in a upcoming issue
Yep our poker run on Aug. 16 2003. This will be the first annual" Liguid Jungle Poker Run" put on by the Upper Mississippi Power Boaters. It will cover 81 miles most of which will be on lake Pepin. We are starting with a 65 boat limit. But we feel we will recieve many more entry and may raise that number later. All proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society. Hows that for a free plug:D

Brian
[email protected]