Notices

I'm moving to Fort Myers

Old 01-29-2003, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I'm moving to Fort Myers

My wife's transfer went through to Fort Myers. She flew down for a couple of days to meet her boss and look around. She is very excited, her new boss has a common sense approach towards the business she is in and it shows with his district's annual figures. It was sort of a breath of fresh air for the wife.
She is to start permenantly February the 17th. We are making a road trip down pulling a 28' enclosed car trailer packed full of stuff on Tuesday the 11th and I'll be heading back on Saturday the 15th. I may have room for parts or something, if anyone needs something transported from Fort Myers and the Tampa area to Columbus, Ohio. As it stands now, I am picking up a 55 Chevy for a buddy in Tampa, but that leaves us with more room if anyone needs something moved.

Post here, PM, or e-mail me at [email protected] if you have something for me to pick up!
Old 01-29-2003, 06:22 AM
jb
Registered

very generous of you...good luck with the move...
Old 01-29-2003, 06:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fort Myers is beautiful,my parents live on Marco Island(approx 40 miles away) where my brother and I own property.....Good luck and enjoy!!!!
Old 01-29-2003, 07:02 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Brian,
Congrats. on the wife's x-fer and welcome to FL! You'll love the weather here, BUT be advised, you are moving into the county which is the heart of Manatee BATTLE right now! Check out www.standing-watch.org and see what the $MC, USFWS, FFWCC are doing there! I think a couple of OSO brothers live there, DanB, mmojo and they can probobly tell help you out with where to boat. You have to be careful in the FL. waters, there is alot of shallow water!
MD
Old 01-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Registered

Brian
We will miss seeing that little black skater on cumberland!
Good luck with everything if I could talk the girlfriend into moving I would be doing the same thing!
Old 01-29-2003, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good luck ,, and when you get down there find me a JOB
Old 01-29-2003, 08:15 PM
Gold Member

DANG!... Im looking at buying a bike from a fellow OSOer that lives in ohio... Figures... shoot... still looking at transport to FL for it.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:36 PM
TulsaLarry

Congrats Brian

Don't let all the hot weather get you down. I was born and raised in SoCal and when friends from the MidWest would visit they would always ask how we could stand living somewhere with only one season. I've been in Tulsa for over twenty years and am ready to go back to just one season.

Old 01-29-2003, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flyinbrian,

Come on down, it was around 78 today warmer tomarrow. Ft Myers is a fun place. Not the greatest place to pick up girls but I guess that won't be a issue for you. If you are looking at places to buy seriously consider Bonita Springs. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about this area.

Will
Old 01-29-2003, 10:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 511 Posts

I would really like to congratulate you, but all that comes out is four letter words.

Have fun. I have tried to leave DC for FL so many times, I lost count, but I can't get out of here.

Quick Reply: I'm moving to Fort Myers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.