Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone live near Phoenix/scottsdale Arizona? >

Anyone live near Phoenix/scottsdale Arizona?

Notices

Anyone live near Phoenix/scottsdale Arizona?

Old 01-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone live near Phoenix/scottsdale Arizona?

Gentleman,

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Scottsdale/Phoenix, Arizona in a month or so. Any opinions on where to stay in Scottsdale? I'm planning on renting motorcycles, so where would the best "scenery" be to go ride to? Anyone ever heard of Bourget Bikeworks? They have a huge facility down there that I'd like to check out. Anyone know where that is in relation to Scottsdale? How long would it take to get there? Finally, what kind of weather do they have down there in late February or early March?

Bourget's Address is: 21407 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona.

Thanks,

Mike Sufka
Allison Grandsport/2.5 EFI
St. Cloud, MN
Old 01-29-2003, 12:06 PM
AZDominator

There's a ton of places to stay in Scottsdale, it's all up to your checkbook. Bourget's is approx. 7-10 miles from North Scottsdale, 15-20 from downtown Scottsdale. The weather in late Feb. is about what it is right now high 70's low 80's. This is the best time to ride. Look up cyclerides.com for a sample of some day rides. We havn't stopped riding all year. 81 last weekend, high 70's this weekend.

Old 01-29-2003, 01:20 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I'm in Phoenix once a month for a week at a time I stay and work in Scottsdale so I'm pretty familiar with it.

How much do you want to spend for lodging? It goes from reasonable (hampton inn, sleep inn) to outrageous (gainey ranch, the phoenician, scottsdale plaza)

Any highway to the north and east of scottsdale will provide you with scenic views and beautiful smooth roads. You might want to try a route from Phoenix to the Globe area, then to Lake Roosevelt and the Roosevelt dam, go north from there then back down to Phoenix. The trip would probably be 4 hours +. It skirts you past Apache Junction and Tonto National Park up to and through Saguaro National park. If you go west or south, the roads aren't as nice, nor is the scenery (at least what I've been on, which doesn't mean much)

The weather is the same every day 75-80 day and 48-55 at night. In March it might warm up a little more than that.