Who likes the sound of HP. >

Who likes the sound of HP.

Notices

Who likes the sound of HP.

Old 01-28-2003, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Who likes the sound of HP.

Who likes HP noise at the expense of not hearing what other people are saying?I personaly would rather listen to the music of the HP than anything anyone on the boat was saying.What are your views?
Randy
Old 01-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Registered

Count me in as a YES!!!! I love the sound of the HP,but unfortunately I`m gonna have to go OB on my next boat. 300 `x promaxs cause I dont have enough cha-ching for the IO`s. I`m gonna miss the rumble.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Ya, I'm not much for conversation while underway. I am too busy driving and listening to my motor. We can talk when we get where we are going.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:05 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll probably get stoned for this but....my last one was loud...louder than most inside the boat because of side exit exhausts.the noise wasn't deflected by a swim platform. Yeah it was neat...but my Formula with Silent Thunder exhaust tends to grow on you .
A nice mellow rumble , but you don't have to shout to the person a foot away Plus boating in NH occasionally , they have some way strick noise laws AND illegal switchable exausts
The Silent Thunder doesn't hurt top end at all , so I guess I can live with it. Besides that , like I was told by Lakeport Landing Marina , a Formula dealer on Lake Winnipesaukee , when it comes to speed limits , you can go faster quietly because you don't attract as much attention. That's what cost me my last noise ticket...the marine patrol HEARD me coming before they SAW me
Old 01-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Registered

Definately better, besides that when you are speeding across the lake all you can hear is the wind in your face, even if you had quiet motors you couldnt have much of a conversation because of the wind noise
Old 01-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big HP ..... BIG TIME!!!!!! LOVE That Sound...... Although I have O.B's now it's still a little loud but it sure sounds GOOD!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Registered

I'll take the HP over the sound of some one elses voice any day.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:16 PM
checkmate981

I
Dave

Old 01-28-2003, 09:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Silent Thunder all the way.
Earsplitting crackle around the docks gets a little old.
I LOVE hp. I LOVE the sound of hp.

Years of motocross, race-tuned roadracing superbikes, and 4-into-1 street headers on motorcycles has started to catch up with me (my ears ring ALL the time these days - not horribly, but noticeably).

My drag outboards were the loudest things I have EVER been around (except top fuel motors and jet airplanes, of course).

I always want to hear my motors (in a go-fast boat) but Silent Thunder is "just about right".

There is a line, however.
I feel a 100 mph boat should make your eyelids twitch every time a big piston fires off a stroke. I feel your bones in your chest should hurt as it idles choppily nearby. I feel you should take notice and stop to watch it blast by, drowning out the music from your stereo while you sit at anchor.

BUT, I am sick of 65 to 85 mph boats screaming the same loud song, pretenders to the REAL muscle out there.

Am I wrong?

Quick Reply: Who likes the sound of HP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.