Notices

OT: Driving and Drinking!

Old 01-31-2003, 05:28 AM
Sea-Dated

TOO MANY PEOPLE WANT TO BE TOO POLITICALLY CORRECT...TAKES THE FUN OUT OF EVERYTHING!

Old 01-31-2003, 06:30 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It makes light of a serious thing. That is what commedy does. Tries to make us laugh

Jon
Old 01-31-2003, 07:02 AM
checkmate981

Out Cast,
lol

Old 01-31-2003, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

god forbid that someone trick the police by playing a decoy, thats illegal and immoral!!!!
what and entrapment from waiting outside ther bar isn't. two can play.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:11 AM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

There's an Irish pub in my former patrol area that did just this every weekend night. They'd send out a few sober patrons who had minor equipment violations on their cars, knowing we had a tendency to lurk near the bar at closing. When we stopped the decoy with the B/O headlamp, the bar would empty out FAST!

This worked for a few weekends until someone told us what they were up to. Then, we had OUR OWN DECOY! The first officer would stop the decoy driver, while the 2nd & 3rd officers wait in the wings for the REAL drunks to stagger out into their cars. There's nothing like beating an idiot at his own game!
Old 01-31-2003, 11:49 AM
Registered

srobak.....Same in Illinois....you don't blow you are presumed guilty and arrested.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

On the front of my Florida license, it clearly states:

"Operation of a motor vehicle constitutes consent to any sobriety test required by law."

And, YES, the joke is funny!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2003, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally posted by h2owarrior
srobak.....Same in Illinois....you don't blow you are presumed guilty and arrested.
I'm sure this is just semantics but you cannot be presumed guilty as our constitution disallows this. That whole innocent until proven guilty thing. However, if you refuse a sobriety test you are guilty of the refusal. You agree to sobriety testing at the time you accept your driving privilage. That violation carries up to one year suspension of your license in the state of Indiana. The following is from the driver manual.

"1. License Suspension for Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated: A person who operates a vehicle in this state agrees to submit to a chemical test (commonly known as a Breathalyzer test) to determine the amount of alcohol in the person’s bloodstream.

a. Refusal to Submit to Breath Test: A person who refuses to submit to a breath test conducted by a law enforcement officer will have his or her license immediately confiscated and will face a license suspension of up to one (1) year."

Of course then they have the option of hauling your a$$ in for a blood test.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Registered

Before I even heard of refusing a PBT, I refused one, and it worked......perfectly.
I had had 6 beers when I got pulled over for swerving (trying to avoid water and keep car clean
At the time I was undrage, well the cop got me out of the car and said,"you can take this PBT or I will perform ALL the field tests."
I replyed, "I will take the field tests since I already told you that I had drank a few beers."

I passed ALL the field tests and got a ticket for refusal of a PBT. To me a $200 ticket was better then a DUI, since the officer gave me the option. Never lost liscense and the incident has since been exspunged.

So I am assuming you can refure them PBT's out here in Oz. Otherwise I just made an ass out of you and me!
Old 01-31-2003, 02:00 PM
Registered

sorry I'm not versed in my legalities. Its hard to keep up with all the twists and loopholes that have turned our constitutional rights into swiss cheese.Its a shame that my hard earned tax dollars pay for police to give people a hard time for petty things.
NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE ON THIS BOARD this is not directed at indeviduals but the police structure in my town is a horribly overstaffed police force in a low chrime area that has nothing better to do than ticket for 5 mph over and no front plates etc.
I'm sorry but when I'm getting busted for $200.00 plus court cost window tint that is only 3% over the legal limit, And getting dui's after having one beer at the bar because of "zero tollerance laws."and every time a little old lady gets pulled over changing lanes without a blinker there's 7 squad cars on the scene I get a little irritated with where "MY MONEY " is going. I mean what ever happened to serve and protect.???

Quick Reply: OT: Driving and Drinking!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.