Didn't watch/Don't care
13.74%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: State Of The Union Address

Old 01-28-2003, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Poll: State Of The Union Address

Just curious on your thoughts.......I thought first part was standard fare....the stuff all Presidents do. But the second part (re Iraq) produced a big lump......
Old 01-28-2003, 10:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is the poll section for "He laid out his ideas and plans in a clear and thought out manner, and now the Dems will have a tizzy all over the media for the next 3 days"
Old 01-28-2003, 11:38 PM
Tom
Registered

His handlers did a great job. He made it all the way through without mangling any sentences. Must be an all time best.

The governer from Washington made a lot more sense on every issue to me.

Typical republican poll, how about "did a terrible job" and "Strike Out!!!" to go along with the two positive spins. I watched it, so I can't vote for the last option. Can't say it didn't do anything for me since it made me sick. Guess I can't vote at all. Next you'll claim poll shows support was overwhelming.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:44 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

he mangle a few sentences.

he acts like a cartoon character. The way he talks and his mannerisms are just kind of "off"

i expect dick cheney to pop out from behind him at any moment with his arm up bush's backside. And for my next trick i'll drinka glass fo water and deliver the second half of the state of the union address!

does nothign for me. But then again niether did gore. ANd if bush runs against lieberman and hillary enxt tim ei might have to even vote for the shmuck.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:10 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by puder
[B]he mangle a few sentences.

he acts like a cartoon character. The way he talks and his mannerisms are just kind of "off"

WOW!!! Puder coming from you
What do they say about people that live in glass houses.

Those Libs shoud be ashamed of themselves for sitting there on their hands. I hope you Dems are real proud of your finest YOU elected. I'll take a tax cut anyway I can get it. It's MY money and I can spend it better than some ******* in Washington DC. Sometimes I wonder if people have the volume turned off?
Thank GOD we don't have some limp wrist ***** liberal in office. I'm sure Hillary could do a better job
Old 01-29-2003, 01:26 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And one more thing how do you give someone a tax break if THEY DON"T PAY TAXES!!! Can you say FREELOADER or WELFARE. What a bunch of losers we have in this country!!
Old 01-29-2003, 01:56 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

actually i'ma registered conservative and i usually vote conservative. i think most of our social "hand out " program s are part of what destroyign this country. i believe firmly in our right to bear arms haeva colelction of 12 firearms and love to burn oil (well gas with my big block). I also think the less fortunate deserve soem kind of assitance BUT handouts are not the answer. Feed the bears and they come back expecting food. Education god that system is f-ed.

I also think george W and most of our goverment is thinking with the wrong head. We do not need a war with iraq. The little piddle **** give back will have little effect on our economy. Hell the president takign flack over the economic down turn in itself is really ****ing nuts!

is teh "average famlly" going to see a significant change in thier income level probably not. Are rich peopel goign to see a siginificant change probaly not. Wanna know why? rich peopel don't as much in taxxes yes they get hit but when you haev significant income you also get a financial planner tohanndle asset allocation who figures out the best way for you to pay eth least amount of tax possible. On the other hand your average family most likely pays whatever % they are charged and thats that.

Quiet frankly i think this country is faced with soem much larger issues than an economy that is marginal. It will recover, eventually. Were ina hang over after the most prosperous economic period in our countries history.

We have nation full of undereducated morally indignant, unmotivated,youth that are firmly convinced they are owed soemthing by everyone else.

See a rise in ridicuous frivalou lawsuits. See ridiculous summs of money being paid out. See doctors than spend 10 years and hundresds of thousands of dollars tyring to help other out getting shortchanged and QUITTING becasue they can;t afford liability coverage. See the rate of drug addicted youths sky rocketing. See the nature of the drugs those yiouth are using becomgin asstronomically more detrimental. See the youths that know these facts and don't really care.

Something seems wrong to me. Callem pesimist but i see a big ****ing problem. FYI i'm 22 and half the kids i go to college with are more concerned about making sure they have the right designer clothes and are buying the cool cocktail or so forth.

In a nation where image superceeds substance the true value of culture is lost.

yeah i can't spell or type worth a damn but hey at least i try to get my opinions across.

Let me aso add in. If we ever had draft instate i would go i would fight but i certainly wouldn't be to happy about it. And if you ever call me aliberal i WILL have to coem to your house and show you my NRA membership card. Got that ya dirty hippie!

Last edited by puder; 01-29-2003 at 02:32 AM.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:05 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

as for the war with iraq yeah no **** he's got weapons of mass destruction. I'd venture to say iraq was probably involved with
Al quida. BUt do you kow what afull frontal assault IS NOT goign to stop any of that. As amatter of fact it will just pis sthem off some more and make all those who died in thw full frontal assaulty martyrs.

I'm not saying i know how to fight terrorism BUT i know runngin tanks through downtown bahgdad is not goign to stop an these ****ers. Drastic measure along the line of state sponsored assasination, and cruel and unusul punishment might work. You can be deprived of life and liberty through due process.

I us history as an example. US revolution THE only reason we won. We changed the rules of war. Change the game to outwit the enemy. Complacancey will only lead to a loss.

If the english had used the "barbaric" guerilla tactics that we empoyed chances are we'd all be singing god save the queens as the bucs took on the raiders for the national cricket title.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:11 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

damn i keep thinkgin of thing to ad (i'm not just post whoring)

I'm a new yorker. Hillary should drag her carpet bagging ass back to arkansas.

As for the liberals sitting down during teh speach. Did the republicans need to give him a standing ovation every 37 seconds? Did stevie ray vaigh gettinga standing ovation 4 times in every song though out teh entire concert i think not. And quite frankly i'd rathe rlisten to SRV play eth same tune over and over again than GWB anyday. Its the same rhetorical hype they have been crammign down our throats for month.

IN terms of "he's the president so he deserves respect" I agree he does at a formal gathering But you can show respect by only standing during a warranted ovvation. Not required after every single point. Perhaps if he declared teh true strength and soverighty of teh nation yeah mayeb one (for pomt and circumstance) is required there an another at eth end of eth speach but other than that. Just not required.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:22 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

ok yeah let me just ad in one more quick littl enote I'm certainly not a bible belter either ( i don't really believe in god). I think strom therman is a nazi, Pat Buchanon is madman Al gore is a panty waste and well Hilary/Lieberman (no comment).

Quick Reply: Poll: State Of The Union Address

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.