OT_ Need advice on new surround system >

OT_ Need advice on new surround system

Notices

OT_ Need advice on new surround system

Old 01-31-2003, 09:03 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I could easily jump on the hate Bose waggon, but come on you guys the guy just purchased all this stuff. Let him feel good about if gor a while will ya????

Jon
Old 01-31-2003, 09:37 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by srobak
When I was much younger and first getting into audio, I fell into the Bose trap.

Now - I did get stuck using some Bose pro gear during a dance marathon I DJed ages ago... and they didnt sound too bad...

Dance marathon??? Was that before or after the Benny Goodman era???

Sheesh someone may be as old as I am..
Old 01-31-2003, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Audiofn
I could easily jump on the hate Bose waggon, but come on you guys the guy just purchased all this stuff. Let him feel good about if gor a while will ya????

Jon
Jon, I was thinking that if they were just bought, maybe he could check out some alternatives and possibly return the Bose. If I just bought something that a bunch of people knew was not that great, I'd rather they tell me when there's time to get out of it, instead of finding out later that they didn't want to say anything bad. No offense, just trying to help if I can...
Old 01-31-2003, 07:29 PM
Registered

For those looking for mini speakers that offer very high performance, I suggest Gallo Acoustics. Feel free to visit www.roundsound.com for info and reviews. Surprisingly, they are better and less expensive than Bose and look far superior. For those looking for an even less expensive alternative, I offer Acoustic Research.

Feel free to call (813)882-8477 for advice or great deals on car, home or marine audio.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:32 PM
eminimarc

And I thought I was getting a ggod deal on a good system by buying an LS-50 for under 2k on ebay. Oh well, guess I should count my blessings that I'm 70% deaf in 1 ear

Old 02-01-2003, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
Default no need to worry

About hurting my feelings, I should have known to get on here and ask first before purchasing Sometimes there's just not time to stop and think!
Now Bill 272 you are right I could still take them back and trade in/up. Just to confirm what I've actually got here
601's --fronts
201's --- rear
VCS10 --center channel
Psw350-- 200watt Polk audio subwoofer--- this i cannot take back, was a floor model and got what I thought was a great deal--$225.
I bought a pair of book shelf PSB's for my parents about 6 years ago, I must say, they are excellent sound.

Now I'm thinking that I should return the 601's, keep the rest and look into some of the others mentioned here.

Audiofn-- As much as I'm sure that system described above sounds absolutely awesome, I think I would put the 40G's towards a Top Gun
Thanx for all the input, I just wish I was knowledgable about something so I could help you guys with something.

Dave