Notices

Pilots&Hunters from Massachusetts

Old 02-01-2003, 06:18 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking Pilots&Hunters from Massachusetts

Every year these two guys from Boston always go moose hunting around a specific lake in Northern Maine. So, November comes around again and they charter a float plan from an outfit around Boston to get up to their lake in Maine, after a long flight they point out the lake to the pilot who astutely lands the plane on the lake and promises to come back to get them two days later.
I the meantime the two guys go out and with the help of the remoteness of the area shoot two moose each the maximum their permits allows. They dress them and bring all the meat back to the side of the lake where as planned the plane shows up two days later. The pilot sees those two guys with this huge mount of meat and tells these guys:
- There is no way the two of you, me and all that meat can fit on this plane and take off.
- Pilot last year did it. Says one of the hunters.
- Well if the pilot last year did it, I can do it. Says the pilot, who as anyone knows thinks he's God's gift to piloting (like all pilots do!).
Once all the stuff is on the plane he takes the longest line off the lake he can in order to take off. He floors the thing and slowly breaks the surface of the water, eventually the plane gets airborne but it's lumbering to gain altitude and barely clears the trees and the opposite edge of the lake. The pilot is struggling to gain altitude on the edge of stalling for about twenty minutes. Now he has to clear a mountain range and he is still wrestling to gain altitude being perilously close to stalling. They make it to the crest of the mountain range and the plane clears but the floats hit the top and get sheared off, the pilot struggles for control for another ten minutes flying erratically and eventually the plan crashes in the woods. Luckily there is no fire and they manage to pull themselves out of the wreckage of the plane, after a few minutes catching their breath the pilot now sitting down on a log clutching his head in desperation with both his hands says discouraged;"- I have absolutely no idea where we are and the radio is smashed to hell." One of the two hunter looks at is buddy looking around and says; "- We're about five hundred yard further than last year."