Notices

I'm In Vegas!!!

Old 02-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nasty Habit.

The World of Concrete is an 'A to Z' show about everything concrete in commercial and residential construction. From concrete slabs that can be customized, including painting, to look like more expensive tile flooring to the BIG IRON (trucks, boom pumps, crushing equipment, including one of my clients, to miscellaneous stuff). As Tim Allen would say, "AR AR AR AR"!

But in a nutshell it's a chance for contractors and their crews to come out to Vegas in the middle of winter, tear-up the town and look at construction equipment at all hours of the day with a beer in their hand. I can't tell you how many times during the day I hear this phrase, "I want to check this (heavy equipment) out, can you hold my beer." In fact, if you don't have a beer in your hand, a cell phone to your ear and a belt buckle the size of a Toyota hubcap holdin' up your jeans, your an outcast.

Really, it's a pretty fun gig! The show attendees are having fun and they're great to talk with.

J-Boat.

You're right. Hospitality suites are definitely the ticket out here. It sounds like you've had the pleasure of attending before.

Ricochet.

Last edited by Ricochet; 02-05-2003 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:47 AM
Duchess

Ricochet, my dad (Harry Chalmers) went to the show to every year before he retired. Strange & Chalmers - Northern Calif. Bay Area Do you know of them? Just curious. They do curb, gutter & sidewalk. Some of those machines are AMAZING. The show was always one he looked forward to. I think my brother is attending now. Have fun!

Old 02-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Registered

Hell, just hang on on the streets. You meet some interesting people out there and get lots of FREE literature!
Old 02-05-2003, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Hell, just hang on on the streets. You meet some interesting people out there and get lots of FREE literature!

Be ware of anybody arriving on an international
flight, that doesn't speak the language, they
have no concept of the meanings of :

1. Please

2. THANK YOU

3. EXCUSE ME
Old 02-05-2003, 12:41 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally posted by NASTY HABIT
Not sure i f the Guggenheim Bike exibit is still at the Venician...would be somthing to check out if it is......
The Guggenheim is a permenant(long term) display. It is a must see.

G

Last edited by cigarette1; 02-05-2003 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Registered

Thanks everyone for the advice and recommendations! We just went to the NASCAR Cafe in the Sahara. Not impressed, to say the least. Actually, it was very disappointing and there was hardly anyone in the restaurant.

Rio, baby. That's where it's at!!

Scarabrick.

I enjoyed talking with you on the phone this morning. Thanks for the offer to take a behind-the-scenes tour of the Bellagio fountains. Unfortunately, today I learned that I need to attend three press conferences in the morning, so I'm not going to be able to take you up on the offer. Definitely my loss. Props to you for the offer!! I'll give you a call in the morning before I head over to the convention center.

Duchess.

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with them, but you're right there are a bunch of amazing MONSTER MACHINES out here!

Ricochet.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:31 AM
Registered

Ricochet, yes I have been to several show's and alway's enjoy them, although I do like vegas the best. I was in New Orleans last year for the show,how about you?
Old 02-06-2003, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to be in Vegas next week.

I can't wait to get away from these freezing temps and snow.

Cordell
Old 02-06-2003, 12:01 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally posted by NASTY HABIT
Not sure i f the Guggenheim Bike exibit is still at the Venician...would be somthing to check out if it is...We'll be there in a couple weeks..just as you are bored !!!!...what exactly is the Concrete Show ....anything to do with shoes ??. I am in need of a few pairs....
Shoes!!!LMAO...
Old 02-06-2003, 08:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vegas ( you can get in trouble in that town)

Ricochet:
Here are the places to go
1st Club Rio in the rio
2nd Club paridise over by the Hard Rock
3th Drive out to the race track and do the Richard Petty driving experience.
4th Drive out to see Hoover Dam one of the eighth wonders of the World. You will see the most contrecte that was ever pour. Since you are in that business you should enjoy see it.
5th Enjoy all the best looking women in the world there. There are more women walking around waiting to play then in any other city in the US. Enjoy and have fun Remember keep the sunny side up and the stick in. Blondes Preferred

Quick Reply: I'm In Vegas!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.