Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OL 37' is gonna be the boat.... >

OL 37' is gonna be the boat....

Notices

OL 37' is gonna be the boat....

Old 02-06-2003, 08:12 PM
baja_daddy

Default OL 37' is gonna be the boat....

Well guys my boss has decided that a OL 37' will be his first boat. We saw the one that Trenton Marine has at the AC show and he is 99.9% sold on it.....Before any warnings need to be issued about where he will be boating: it is a 575 SCI/ITS boat that runs low 90's.

His original plan was to start with the best and fastest and to him that= mo$t expen$ive!! He always thinks that the most expensive always means the best. Anyway he wanted to get used to the 575's then swap up to bigger power. Only problem is an ITS boat can't be turned into a #6 boat, no room for tranny's.

What is the most power that can go through the ITS drives safely? And what speed can be achieved?

Now to my question, What is a good price on a boat like this? We have'nt made contact yet to make an offer but I need to know what a good price would be. He said if its gonna be near $400k he will just go to a big power #6 boat. If that happens I will post pics of him, the boat, and a tracking system so we will know where not to be when he is on the water.

Old 02-06-2003, 08:16 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hope the graphics are [retty simple that way when he has first docking "incident" it won't be so bad to fix....

hopefully he takes it easy and doen't just slam the sticks as far as they'll go.

nice boat though.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:40 PM
Byron

If this is really his first boat, this proves money overides the brain. I hope that I'm not running beside him in a Poker Run.

Old 02-06-2003, 09:26 PM
DJD
Registered

A: SAFE BOATING CLASS
B: Pay someone to spend alot of time teaching him the boat.
C. Ummmm, see "A" and "B".
Old 02-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Registered

D. Always remember that the throttle has TWO DIRECTIONS.
E. Never allow your friends to commit you to doing something over your head.
F. Always keep Corona onboard in case DJD or Waterspeed decide to stop by the dock and share their collective OL knowledge.

Last edited by Miller; 02-06-2003 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:30 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

G. see thread about "beautiful fountain on ebay" for a quick lesson in why he should exercise restraint in a brand new 90mph rocket
Old 02-06-2003, 10:36 PM
joeyoffshore

He obviously never seen a new T/S Cigarette. I find it impossible to believe for that money he would piss it away on an OL. Someone failed to educate this man.

Old 02-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Intolerant1

Would he be interested in a $20K boat to practice with ?

Old 02-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have to say that if money is not a issue then it is a toss up btwn the two. Outerlimits certainly makes a FINE boat. The speed that this guy is going to hit in a boat with no experience however is INSANE!!!!!! It still takes all my focus to drive at that speed and I have been driving fast boats for a while. Scarry to think this guy is goign to have that speed in his first boat.

Jon
Old 02-06-2003, 11:38 PM
baja_daddy

Whats different on the new Cig's? How much would a TS TG be comparably equipped?? This is his very first offshore race boat. He has several HUGE fishing boats, one is in Cabo that I have been on a few times....We are going to check out some Cig's too when time permits, but he is very stubborn and once he thinks he knows what he wants usually thats that.....But I will guide him in the best way I can with all of your advice from here...Thanks

Quick Reply: OL 37' is gonna be the boat....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.