Notices

Phantom call me up

Old 02-05-2003, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess Nort didnt think I was semi serious about his boat.

However with it is scarey because i know there has been alot of work done to the boat. Were the motors just lemons or what? Was it the salt water running through them? Living out its life on a nice fresh water lake may make it last.
What do you think. ??

And Jon I think the Beemer would make a great tow vehicle.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Registered

Kev~

Nope....I didn't think you were serious. The problems have been because of the very crappy design of the stock Mercury exhaust manifolds. It has nothing to do with fresh/salt. If I were to keep the boat, or if someone buys it, I would change the exhaust ASAP to eliminte any of those problems in the future.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Registered

Nort

Yes semi serious. Amy laughs at me when I say we are going to be boatless this season. She loved the Phantom Chaos I and when I tole her it was still for sale and I saw this post by Jon, I thought..............Hmmmmm I wonder what it is about Norts boat. Thats why I asked. I talked with Jon a bit the other night and he pretty much says what you say about needing to do just a bit of work to make it fine and dandy again. My question about the going from salt to fresh was only because I dont have knowledge of how that may effect the boat. I knew you had had some problems but Jon assured me that those were on your new boat (bummer) ..............Sooooooo....... We are in the hunt for a boat. Yours would be a good boat for us at LOTO however Im not sure we want to spend the $$$ right now. NOT that its not worth the asking, Its a matter of That nasty B word..............Budget.

Hey OT here. we are going to be in LA for later in March for about a 10 hour layover we may have to hook up. Ill keep you posted