Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ITLLFLI,
You should have got out and ran!
Old 02-08-2003, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ITLLFLI -
lousy luck... - I've been there before(more than once) I actually had a state trooper (in OH) that has pulled me over three times (he recognized my truck) - the last time was on a Sunday and HE decided it was gonna be a $570 CASH bond, I spent the night in the pokey and was transferred (in prison orange jump suit and plastic sandals, cuffs behind my back) to court the next day.
You can't get more than $300 out of an ATM and I was 100 miles from home.
The court room was looking at me like I was Charles Manson. When they read the charge against me - SPEEDING (81 in a 65 on the OH turnpike) The Judge looked at me and said "why are you here??"
Cost me $200 in a fine - $500 in a lawyer, and had to transfer back to the pokey for another 5 hours while they processed everything (and gave me back my pants).
Since then I follow the limits - ALWAYS.

BTW - I'm fully moved to Cincy area now - I'll have to give you a call. If you wanna go out for a beer call me 859-727-0361.
I never got a chance to thank you for your hospitality at the race meeting in December.

Jody and I send you our best

Bouy
Old 02-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by ROUGH WATER
them jamin gizmos really work?
Yes, they do, and quite well I might add. My neice's husband is a cop and was quite curious about it so we tried it out one weekend. Very effective on X, Ka, and lasar Lidar units up to a "punch through" distance of about 2-300 feet. (Those are the bands we tried with it) They simply confuse the computer within a radar gun so it can't average, to the point of not displaying. More than enough time to get slowed down.
They are illegal only in CA, MN, NE, OK, UT, VA, & Washington D.C.
The manufacturer will pay your fine if you get one while using their product where the speed limit was not exceeded by more than 30% or 15 mph, whichever is less.
The unit is a reflective receiver, not a transmitter, and therefore is not governed or applicable under Part 15 of the FCC code.
Old 02-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Just thinking here...Does anyone know the top speed of a Grand Cherokee with a 5.2. The speedo drops to "0" at 100mph. How fast does it go? I do know it will beat my brothers stock 1976 Vette off the line!! Handles a lot of "ricers" too!!
Old 02-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's got a governer at about 105, Mine beat my buddies old Honda Accord in reverse!!! (no lie, we really raced in reverse, doesn't stop that well going backwards though) pretty good off- road with the quadra trac AWD, ask CFD12, he only had to pull me out once. ITTLFLI, I just left you a message, let go drink!! Get Erin Brockovich.... I mean ALLAN4, out of the germ wheat and bird seed store and to the bar!.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:05 PM
Allan4

Easy tough guy......easy..................

Old 02-09-2003, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL!!!!!

Good havin beers with you guys last night! I hope Allan is not in a coma this morning! We need to get the rest of the crew out now!

Where were you HADLEY??!!
Old 02-09-2003, 10:10 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Originally posted by ITLLFLI
Just thinking here...Does anyone know the top speed of a Grand Cherokee with a 5.2.
It will fly!
Old 02-09-2003, 12:45 PM
Allan4

I'm impressed!!!!!! What a response

Ittlfli, no coma......was getting a little toasty though. Ahhhhhh, nice to be back at it again, even if only a little. I didn't get up until about 10:30.....guess I'm a little out of "practice"....HeHeHe.....BTW, you have a front headlamp out, driver's side.

Cool pics from the Poker Run, especially the one where CFD5 is dancing with the guy in the Sailor's uniform. Still trying to figure that one out.

Old 02-10-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered

Did Allan4 actually get out of his bubble and come to a public place?? I can't beleive I missed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.