Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone else get SCREWED by an EBAY seller??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42763-anyone-else-get-screwed-ebay-seller.html)

East Coast B 02-06-2003 09:57 AM

Anyone else get SCREWED by an EBAY seller???

I won an auction for a set of used handheld CB radios....

Bid for CB’s 23.00
Sellers advertised additional costs
Shipping 7.00
Insurance 1.30

We immediately sent the paypal payment of $3l.30.

Seller sent back email asking for an extra $8.30. I sent him back copy of my winning bid amount and the shipping charge he advertised. The amounts added to exactly $31.30, just what we sent him. He had already accepted our payment from PayPal.

Next we received notice that he refunded our money to PayPal. No explanation… Nothing….What the hell is that about…. Won’t answer our emails…

Guess he wasn’t happy with the amount the CB’s went for…. Well to bad, that’s what reserves are for!! What’s to have stopped him from taking the money and not sending any product…. To dammed easy to get scammed out there…. We need a WWW.GETEVEN

Wally 02-06-2003 10:05 AM

you can report him to ebay and they will investigate....and also leave a nasty feedback for him......i'm not sure how it will workout but thats about all i can offer. :)

Steve 1 02-06-2003 10:06 AM

You have two options a complaint to E Bay and Negative Feedback.

Sea Ya 02-06-2003 10:26 AM

Use the feedback option to end his ebay career.

AppSysCons 02-06-2003 11:07 AM

you can file a "report" with www.squaretrade.com/cnt/jsp/index.jsp the designated mediator for ebay.com

blown formula 02-06-2003 11:34 AM

:confused:
File a complaint with ebay.... Ha!!!
I filed a complaint against a sellor before the auction closed on a 454 engine complete but disassembled.... I emailed the sellor and guess what? He was selling the engine as "complete" but it did not include a crank, rods or pistons!! Ebay security did nothing except email me and tell me they cannot do anything about it..... not even stop the auction!! What's up with that??
Some security!!:rolleyes:

Helmwurst 02-06-2003 12:04 PM

e-bay

Here is some advice for everyone who uses e-bay. Reporting usually does nothing, calling the FBI fraud line usually does nothing either. I have one rule of thumb, MAKE Personal contact. If they refuse, you do not want to do business with them anyway! I have been ripped off on e-bay and I have had good experiences on e-bay. The good is always a personal contact before the transaction is completed. One more thing, e-bay does not, does not want, does not care to want, to protect you the buyer or seller. They have no system in place to verify that you are you. Anyone can hack in, change your password to lock you out and use your account to do transactions. The hacker will almost always use an account with a high rating. Usually after the fraud is complete, e-bay will send you a notice not to complete the transaction because the "account has been accessed by an unauthorized third party". If you receive this notice, you have been scammed.
Good Luck!

Intolerant1 02-06-2003 12:07 PM

A guy on one of the motorcycle boards just bought a used bike with a salvage title for parts on ebay. when he got the bike, the engine wouldnt start. Further investigation found that the engine was empty of all its internal parts. They even refilled the engine with oil just in case someone puled the oil plug to check.

mcollinstn 02-06-2003 10:08 PM

buyer beware.

This is what Ebay Feedback is for.

I NEVER have any problems whatsoever when dealing with an Ebayer that has been a member with the same name for over a year, and with feedback rating of over 50 with no negatives.

Short-term ebayers, ebayers who have recently changed their name (sunglasses next to the name), or low feedback, or high feedback with significant amount of negatives - those are all red flags.

I've gotten some items of questionable quality, but when it mattered, I've asked the seller specific questions and if answered to my liking, have bought stuff and been pretty happy...

Kill this jokers' feedback. Tell what happened.