Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Impressed me most when ___________! >

OSO Impressed me most when ___________!

Notices

OSO Impressed me most when ___________!

Old 11-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I think its great that you can look up a boat for sale anywhere in the country and find an OSO member willing to go check it out for you......

Also the unravelling of BSers and rip off artists is simply amazing.....like "BS" himself (Big Scotty.....pun intended) and the boat company that took that large deposit from Steves father for a CC ,didnt produce a boat and was going to keep the money......

bet they didnt think all their "satisfied customers" postings ip addresses would be tracked back to their office!......and bet they didnt think they would be photographed and tailed......

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 11-17-2007 at 02:40 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OSO Impressed me the most when______________?

I posted looking for additional information on my boat (1992 Galaxy Lazer) and PARADOX (Peter) contacted me and filled in all the blanks....

Paid for my membership and have been an addict ever since..

THANKS OSO!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
I think its great that you can look up a boat for sale anywhere in the country and find an OSO member willing to go check it out for you......

Also the unravelling of BSers and rip off artists is simply amazing.....like "BS" himself (Big Scotty.....pun intended) and the boat company that took that large deposit from Steves father for a CC ,didnt produce a boat and was going to keep the money......

bet they didnt think their "satisfied customers" OSO post ip addresses would be tracked back to them......and they would be photographed and tailed......
Or the fact that I can have a guy up in canuck land pick up a DVD that I can't find here and ship it to me.
The BS (yes pun intended) thing was interesting. I actually argued with someone about that whole situation, and now we PM each other now and again about things going on, or where to find a part, or just general crap... Actually friends now, I may even meet up with him this weekend sometime.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by long duck dong
OSO Impressed me the most when______________?

I posted looking for additional information on my boat (1992 Galaxy Lazer) and PARADOX (Peter) contacted me and filled in all the blanks....

Paid for my membership and have been an addict ever since..

THANKS OSO!

Anytime, Glad I could help a bit. THat's what OSO is all about. I got planny of help myself.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Or the fact that I can have a guy up in canuck land pick up a DVD that I can't find here and ship it to me.
hey.......no probs!!
Old 11-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
hey.......no probs!!

That's what it's all about.
Any time you need a favor - I'm here for ya if I can help.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had graduated from college, I didn't really have any peers that had been a job hunt in the past decade. Fundrazer spent a good deal of time helping me tweak my resume in turn landing my first job.

I was glad I could take part in the boat raffle.

It is funny, I have a sense of support knowing the OSO community is there if I needed help.

Hell, if it wasn't for OSO I can almost promise you I would not have bought my first home this past May.

Bernie's mortgage thread was a life saver, I had just switched jobs, I was a new 1099, even though no debt and great credit all the banks and brokers were looking at me like I had the plague. Nothing but ARM's or tons of money down. Bernie got me my 30 year note at 6.25 that I wanted and he and his crew were a class act.

I can blame OSO for slack grades in college though, spent WAY too much time on here, haha.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm with pullmytrigger; the resolution of the saltshaker fiasco was awesome to watch as it unfolded. - jeff
Old 11-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
...One night many years ago an early member of this board posted a REAL serious distress call. It sent shivers down my spine to read what she was going through.

Two members, Dan Lanza (RIP DanL) and his lady Becca, got in their car and drove an hour and a half to be good samaritans and help this lady....Whom they had never met !!!!!!

That's the real deal .....That's the quality of people that I am priviliged to meet through this web-site....How AWESOME is that?
When I read the title of this thread, that night was the first thing that came to mind.

Very sad that neither Dan or Jennifer are with us today.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Did it rain in Georgia yet or are y'all still delirious from thirst?
He's got well water...proud of it too with a big sign nailed to a tree stating "I'm on well water"!

I think a lot about all the get well cards and such I received while I was in the hospital for 2 months. That meant more than you all will ever understand! Then when I finally got home believe it or not OSO was a huge part of my therapy. Wheeling my self to my office and trying to type with broken arms and hands and just getting my mind back going again...OSO played a HUGE part in all that.
I not only thank Steve of OSO but the entire membership!

Quick Reply: OSO Impressed me most when ___________!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.