Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Impressed me most when ___________! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43073-oso-impressed-me-most-when-___________.html)

THEJOKER 02-10-2003 03:41 PM

OSO Impressed me most when ___________!

I couldn't get a staff of my 5 mechanics to tell me why my drive wouldn't trim up while I was on plane, but someone I don't even know on OSO told me the problem.

The guy up in NC that needed help with some type of police citation. A cop on OSO and attorney helped him.

One lucky sole that got to drive Drambuie in Key West (Summer Obsession)

Anybody that get's sick , divorced , can't sleep , hurt or even dies get's more sympathy here on OSO than from anybody in their local town.

I'll shut up now and thanks again Steve & Jeffrey -

Brian Hollis
OSO Addict

PhantomChaos 02-10-2003 03:48 PM

When they accepted me as a member. :D :D :D

mopower 02-10-2003 03:51 PM

Your right Brian , there are some really great people here:cool:

Risk Taker 02-10-2003 03:57 PM

Well said Brian..........:D :D :D . That's worth $ 49.95 a year to me .....:D:D:D

Pure Energy 02-10-2003 04:01 PM

I bet when another topic about paying fees on OSO comes up, you can post a link to this thread to show them why it is worth it.

SummerObsession 02-10-2003 04:11 PM

One lucky sole that got to drive Drambuie in Key West (Summer Obsession)

I'll have to second that statement!!;) ;) :D :D :D

Truthfully, OSO impressed me when they didn't cancel their trip giveaway due to a low (really low, c'mon guys, what's up?) number of entries! A lesser group of individuals would have dropped the whole thing like a hot rock. They didn't. The lived up to their word and provided my wife and I with more than we ever would have expected.
It is worth way more than $49.95 just to do business with someone that keeps their word.:D

Smitty 02-10-2003 04:18 PM

Sometimes I find it very hard to understand some people here who complain about having to spend a couple of bucks to help support something they keep coming back to.

LET'S GET REAL----it's only 49.95 per year---that's only .14 per day or 4.16 per month. I'm sure those same people piss away more money on less impactful things.

This board has had such an impact on not only my knowledge of boating/engines/etc. but has opened doors to some AWESOME friendships I have made along the way.

If you can't afford the membership in my opinion please go to another site and stay there!!!

Thanks to everybody whom I have ever had an exchange with and I look forward to more stuff in the future.

Sorry I just had to tell it like it is:mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Dave

VelocityMike 02-10-2003 04:23 PM

I just like the fact that all of us can some together have one thing in common and have so much fun doing it. We are like one big family that is behind each other 110% and to me its well worth the money to pay.

MitchStellin 02-10-2003 04:30 PM

When I got a Driunk Driving ticket and OSO paid my bail and Attorney and I walked!!!

When they accepted my excuse for my bounced check and said "don't worry, we have Norts CC number, he can take up the slack"

When I drove Drambuie on Ice into a Bouy and tore off a Tab. They said "no problem, we can blame SummerObsession for it"

And the final....when Betty Ford started taking OSO addicts for a trial run and found we are really screwed up here.:D

Magicfloat 02-10-2003 04:42 PM

When I'm trying to put a deal together on a $250,000 boat and I see "you have a PM on OSO" and I tell the customer to hold on,I have to check on something, then that is OSO.:) :)