Like Tree0Likes

Street Bike Days coming to an end.....

Old 02-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

My Boats: 28 Apache

Quote:
Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Been down twice in 10 years of riding (neither with a helmet on) and didn't want to experiance "third times a charm". Haven't been on one in years.
Nort now I understand things.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:05 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

Biking... not anymore when you have this at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Street Bike Days coming to an end.....-00030.jpg  
Old 02-12-2003, 01:19 PM
Allan4

I have spent a small ammount of time on street and dirt bikes. The reason why I never owned a street bike is because I was pretty convinced that I would end up either very hurt or very dead. I am greatful that I came to this conclusion at about age 21-22 when a few of my buddies all picked up sport bikes. If everyone on the road drove bikes, it would be a diffferent story..........too many idiots that will kill you out there........

Old 02-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Chris Craft Stinger 222

The biggest problem i see is that all these first timers gettig the crotch rockets have no rideing exp at all!!! Mommy and Daddy buy some stupid 18yr old a 750cc death machine cause they want a motorcycle and boom....the kids layed up in a hospital within the month!!
they should make rideing classes mandatory before they give out a M class licence. And in those classes they should start everyone on 125 dirtbikes riding through tree lined forests....that will teach people how to handle alot of different situations.....i cant count the number of times i would have layed my crotch rocket down if i didnt have the dirtbiking background helping me out!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-12-2003, 02:17 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

Tough to dodge the old fart pulling in front of you doing a left on red...even if your Freddie Spencer
Old 02-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Registered

My Boats: just a filter

It's all in the odds.......riding on the street more than 1/2 my life...hit once ...down on my own once...heart fluctuating close calls...well , never had those back in the day ...seems those close calls get my attention a little more now....not sur eI want to play that card yet....
Old 02-12-2003, 03:29 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1990 Baja 190 DSR

Quote:
Originally posted by Wally
The biggest problem i see is that all these first timers gettig the crotch rockets have no rideing exp at all!!! Mommy and Daddy buy some stupid 18yr old a 750cc death machine cause they want a motorcycle and boom....the kids layed up in a hospital within the month!!
they should make rideing classes mandatory before they give out a M class licence. And in those classes they should start everyone on 125 dirtbikes riding through tree lined forests....that will teach people how to handle alot of different situations.....i cant count the number of times i would have layed my crotch rocket down if i didnt have the dirtbiking background helping me out!
One of my friends did 180 on his (parents bought it for him) 2001 Ducati last summer. I was talking him into selling it to me... Thank God he wants more than I have.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
Thumbs down grrrrrrrrrrrr

I lost a good friend about a month ago on a Harley. Now Carter almost get's killed , and my throttlegirl and her boyfriend have a new Fat Boy. It ain't if you're going to crash, it's just when are you going to crash? BH (no bikes for me)

Last edited by THEJOKER; 02-13-2003 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2014 Contender

Wow, you guys really have me thinking hard about getting rid of my bike now. For the past week since Mike had his accident I have been thinking that it might be a good idea to unload it but I really have mixed feelings about the whole thing. It is a tragic event to see such a close friend and riding buddy go down but if I know Mike, he will be back on his Harley as soon as he is able. Mike and I have the same bikes (not to mention wives named Lisa, dogs named Buddy, homes in the same neighborhood, etc.) We both have 2001 Harley Davidson Road Kings. We both love to ride and are always going to dinner, riding to Daytona for Bike Week and Biketoberfest, and generally putzing around with motorcycles. I feel that it is a part of our lives. My brother in law has buried 5 of his friends to bike accidents and still rides. He just bought a 2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King and has a tricked out Bourget Low Blow Chopper. It doesn't seem to bother him because he loves to ride and more importantly, understands the risks involved. I think I have decided that I will not do anything hastily and will hang onto the Road King for a while. Even if I don't leave the neighborhood on it, at least it will give me time to clear my head and make a well thought out decision. I went and took pictures of Mikes Ducati this morning for Lisa. I practically had tears in my eyes when I saw it laying on the ground at the impound yard and immediately decided that this was not worth the risk. But now that I have had more time to think about it, I think I will keep it until Mike decides what he is going to do with his. The wife wants me to sell it and buy a bigger boat. That has alot of merit to it!

Mike
Old 02-12-2003, 10:46 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 26 ZX DONZI 496HO

Thats what I`m doing, Bigger and Faster boat after the sale of the Donzi. I too had a 1996 Road King tricked out to no end. It was chromed out to the tune of 7k. Everyone I know and ride with has been down at least once. I was trained by the HC Sheriffs Office and maybe thats why I was LUCKEY. You can`t afford even one accident on a bike. I was beginning to think my number was coming up. I would rather due 90-100 on the water anyday then take my chances on the road today.