Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:  Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story! >

OT: Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story!

Notices

OT: Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story!

Old 02-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Besides any Filth involving the Clintons is totally believable
Old 02-12-2003, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Steve 1,

You crack me up!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:59 AM
RickerTX

Well, it may not have happened as the story says, but its fun just to get liberals defending the undefendable.

Old 02-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Shane,

I never said you talked religion, but there have been many religious "conversations" on here. If you didn't say anything then don't get worked up over it. I don't really care as it does not affect me either way. Stating a fact as a FYI. As far as political comments or topics I think everybody knows you have made more comments directed to these than anyone else. I believe your Sign off line is (or was a political comment). Again, this does not affect me either way, but to bring ones political or religious views to a boating forum (or any forum not related for that matter) is just looking for trouble from others. Just trying to keep less "ammo" for people to use to start problems. Nothing else.

Steve,

I know the price and I know what OT stands for. I love to see the jokes and the polls as much as anyone. What I have seen is the religous and political (not as much) comments turn into something more than a conversation. Which I don't think we need anymore "misunderstandings" here. I believe there is a saying "You can ask me about anything but, Poilitics and Religion" They are topics that are asking for problems unfortunetly. I am not a very religous person nor do I try and get to wrapped up into politics so they don't personally bother me, but if I have to pay for a "boat" site then I would like to think I don't have to always see argueing about such maters. Just agree to disagree.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:15 AM
Registered

Evil Twin,

My suggestion to you is if you do not like to read things that do not relate to boats on here then simply avoid them. If others wish to discuss current events no related to boating with other OSO members it (as you say) does not effect you. It's like not liking rated R movies. If you don't like them, don't watch them.

As far as saying that I have made more political comments than others...I suggest you think long and hard about that my friend. There are MANY others here that have made many more comments than I.

So what bone do you have to pick with me anyway?
Old 02-12-2003, 10:29 AM
Queen Baja

Red face

Shane,

Do you have anything better to do with your time?

Old 02-12-2003, 10:39 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Queen Baja
Shane,

Do you have anything better to do with your time?
Queen Baja,

Your second post is less than flattering. Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Who you are, what kind of boat YOU have? Where you are from? etc.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Shane,

First off I do not have any bone to pick with you.

Secondly, you are proving my point. You say I should just ignore these posts, but if more and more are coming up that may not pertain to many on this board don't you think they will stop visiting. Then add the fee involved. Isn't the point of the board to bring together people with like interests (boating) and share knowledge and info? If the topics are going to be argumentative and so off color, and they make you pay fees to see this, don't you think the user count will drop? The advertisers I'm sure would not want this ( and I am sure they are paying attention)nor would those who like to use this site for informative conversations. Making this just a personal website for a chosen few and getting away from what this site was originally created for can only hurt the site down the road. I liked it very much (and still do somewhat), but it has lost alot of the luster it once had. Some of the people on here Nort, Packin, etc are extremely funny and I love it, but some of the other comments and "opinions" should be thought out more before they are made to keep the site relatively on the path for what it was intended for. FUN and INFORMATION. Just my opinion.

Chris
Old 02-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Queen Baja

Shane,

There is no need to know more information about me but I sure do know some about you?

Old 02-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Registered

So what your saying is, it's o.k. to post non-boating related crap and " use up precious BANDWITH " as long as its FUNNY ??.. Obviously you did not find the intial post of this thread funny, I DID !!! so does that make it o.k. ?? can you say HYPOCRITE ???

Last edited by Chris232; 02-12-2003 at 10:57 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.