Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:  Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story! >

OT: Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story!

Notices

OT: Paul Harvey and an INCREDIBLE Rest Of The Story!

Old 02-13-2003, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So how in the world am I flaming anyone on this board or their beliefs? Because I posted a piece supposedly to have been written by Andy Rooney and may be urban legend? How am I forcing my belief down someones throat?
Old 02-13-2003, 12:43 PM
Registered

ET,

You seem to be the ONLY one here taking issue with this stupid post. Everyone else seems to have written it off as URBAN LEGEND which it likely is. Who the F cares? My god, give it a rest already. If it was SO OFFENSIVE that it would effect membership or possible sponsors don't you think Steve or Jeffrey would have deleted it? Why is it okay to rip apart someones vehicle but not their political party representatives? Seems like there is some sort of personal hostility directed toward me in your post rather than a genuine concern for the board. I know you said that you have no issue with me, and I am not in any way intending to insinuate that you have a lack of credibility. Not the case at all. It just seems from the tone of your posts that there is some other underlying factor here. If I am mistaken then I offer my appologies.

Last edited by Shane; 02-13-2003 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Shane,

This will be my last post about this. You keep missing the point. It is not just this ONE thread that I am referring to. If this was the only time I read about a persons political view, then so be it. No big deal. But, I have read other Political posts (some yours) and religious ones as well that have not gone over so well with others. I was just responding to this thread because it finally got me thinking about it enough, especially with the topic of a fee being issued to view certain material. So I don't know why you keep thinking just this specific thread I have such a problem with. Not the case. It is just a piece of the puzzle.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Registered

ET,

Sorry to tell you, but...this will not be the last post of political nature I am sure. Politics is just something that we all have to live with whether we like it or not. When you have such a large gathering of rather successful people, these topics tend to come up more frequently than some may like simply based on the fact that they are more adversely effected by changes in the political structure. Sorry if it bothers you. All I can say is, if you don't like it don't read it. Until OSO puts a kabbash on it I believe it will be here to stay.