Notices

Ebay motors exp.?

Old 02-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some good luck, some good buys..... but be careful!! If you proxy bid with a maximum bid amount, after 1 hour you cannot withdraw or change your proxy bid to withdraw!! This happened to me today!! The pictures looked like a Bravo gimble but was really an Alpha.... I cannot withdraw, but emailed the sellor to release me from the bid. If he is smart he will. I will not complete the sale as he took too long to answer my inquiry...... other deals have been good, but, there is one guy selling a "454 long block"....that I found out does not include the pistons, crank or rods!!! Ebay would not make him retract the ad before and now it is back up again!! Same ad without the pictures this time.
Becareful & ask questions BEFORE you bid! Lesson learned hear!!
Old 02-18-2003, 10:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought an engine, and an outdrive on separate auctions. Both deals worked out great. I couldn't have been happier.

Sold a boat on ebay, worked out well for both of us.

Sold two jet skis, or so I thought. After he won the auction, he wanted me to ship them to him. It plainly stated on the auction "as is, where is". At least ebay didn't charge me for the auction.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:47 AM
Registered

Just sold my Procharger, my Paxton, and a set of rims/tires...everyone paid up right away and everything went real smooth.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:10 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

I think EBAY is great, have recently bought Rims and Tires for my Suburban and Wrangler. No problems at all.

At this time I am trying to by a 95 Corvette that I saw on EBAY, but did not bid on, so the nation wide advertising is definitely true.

Jan