Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Differing viewpoints on the war on terror... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43201-ot-differing-viewpoints-war-terror.html)

dockrocker 02-11-2003 09:09 PM

OT: Differing viewpoints on the war on terror...

Question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities. In your hand is a Glock .40 cal. and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Liberal Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Conservative Answer:

BANG!

florida gator 02-11-2003 09:26 PM

Without a doubt, BANG!

Steve 1 02-11-2003 10:14 PM

Bang Bang Bang Bang

BGIII 02-11-2003 10:22 PM

:D BANG

Rookie 02-11-2003 10:42 PM

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-ANG!!!!!! I only loaded 7 rounds this morning, my bad! :D

X-Rated30 02-11-2003 11:43 PM

The Southern answer (liberal or conservative):

Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang!

(The sound of an empty clip hitting the ground and another one being slammed home.)

Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang!

Wife: "Honey, now you're just wasting that ammunition... Wanna use my 9mm instead?":D

WesSmith 02-12-2003 07:16 AM

There is no question..:)

Bang.

Iggy 02-12-2003 10:56 AM

A quick double-tap to the chest.
If that doesn't take him down I start aiming for a head shot.

Unfortunately I'd probably find myself in court defending my actions.:mad:

mr_velocity 02-12-2003 11:37 AM

BANG!! no questions.

But the whole war thing has really got me thinking, we are about to light a fuse that might start more then we bargined for. No doubt as Saddam is about to go down he will try to destroy as much as possible. He will probably fire off a few chem/bio missles into Isreal. Isreal is ready for it so there probably won't be too many killed, however most of the palistinians will be wiped out. Then some middle eastern country will blame Isreal and us for killing all the palistinians, then there will be an all out war there. North Korea will probably take that opportunity to drop a few bombs on the south.

What I would rather see is our Gov't start by having our military canvas our entire country and throw out every illegal person here. Start at the east coast and work your way west. We are a nation of laws and it is about time the Govt enforced the laws we already have. If you're here illegally you're out. After that, we can drop as many bombs as we want on Saddam.

No matter what action we take the liberals will complain. Just as charity should begin at home, so should the defense of our nation.

mr_velocity 02-12-2003 11:39 AM

Originally posted by Iggy

Unfortunately I'd probably find myself in court defending my actions.:mad:

Maybe twice, if you don't kill him you'll definately be in Civil Court with a multi million dollar judgement against you.