Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Gas/Diesel prices...what really causes the fluctuations? >

OT: Gas/Diesel prices...what really causes the fluctuations?

Notices

OT: Gas/Diesel prices...what really causes the fluctuations?

Old 02-12-2003, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Gas/Diesel prices...what really causes the fluctuations?

I keep hearing that the war is causing all this but isn't that just an excuse ?
Isn't it OPEC that regulates the cost of oil ? So there must me a conferece room full of fat guys wearing Berka's that are just having fun... "hey let's mess with the Americans and raise the price of oil today !" I really hope it isn't that simple.
Just wondering what the real cause is.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:22 AM
Registered

Thats A Great Question, I Would Like To Know The Answer Also.... Every Thursday Morning @ 10:00am The Gas Prices Rise In My Town, Then Come Tuesday Afternoon They Go Down... What A Joke.... Get The People That Go Up North For The Weekend, I Was In The U.P. Of Michigan Snowmobling For A Week And The Gas Price's Were About The Same Up There As Here, I Was Shocked.... The Bottem Line Is They Got Use By The Balls.......... We Have To Pay What Ever They Charge..............

Jeff
Old 02-12-2003, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

THey just F*#% you cause they can !!!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:22 AM
jr

Supply and demand...actually I think it is a couple things. First, Iraq of course, but I heard in passing on the news there is something going on in Venezula(sp.) too. Some unrest.

But what I think is really going on is the oil companies are jacking prices to increase supply in the event of a war. That way if there is some disruption then supplies will be alittle higher.

Now thats my, "everybody plays fair, and is honest" opinion. My feelings are they are just jacking prices for extra cash. It never amazes me how fast it goes up but when there is a similar cut in oil prices it takes for ever to come back down.

Old 02-12-2003, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There have been reports on the news that saddam is planning to torch the oil wells again, maybe all 1500 of them. He is also dumping millions of gallons into the Red Sea as we speak.

I wish Bush would **** or get off the pot! I am not advocating war for oil, just the removal of saddam.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Registered

OPEC Orginization of People who Enjoy Cocksucking. This is a Mafia...a Mob...a huge screw job. After we turn Iraq into a glass parking lot I say we go after OPEC. How in the hell can Diesel be as expensive as gas? Diesel is a very crude form of gas that takes less to refine. It is almost a by product like natural gas. I say they are raising the price of Diesel because they think we will drive fewer tanks over them if the price is too high. They forget that we can keep printing money long after their wells run dry.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Supply and demand. Being one of the coldest winters has raised the demand for heating oil up north. OPEC doesn't have as much power as they use to because Russia is selling oil cheaper to help thier economy. And the uprest in Venezuela isn't making matters any better. But that doesn't explain why natural gas has skyrocketed?? I think profits have more to do with things than anything else. Big Brother should roll back some of the fuel taxes until we get this taken care of.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Registered

they better get to drilling oil wells and kicking the eveo wakos the hell out of the country
Old 02-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Registered

Great question guys! In my buisiness I deal with bulk crude and diesel. Tomorrow morning I will call my marketing source from Engelfield Oil Co. and ask. As far as the Venezuela thing goes "supposedly" they "stopped pumping crude" dont know why, dont care, but its hurting buisiness
Also "supossedly" the U.S. buys most of their crude from Venezuela
I will post more tomorrow after talking to some sources.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Registered

The US does buy a great deal of oil from Venezuela, and they are having some big problems down there - and have been for some time. General strikes have shut down much of their oil production and shipping industries, which puts the squeeze on oil prices.

As for Iraq, we're not buying much oil from them at all, and neither is anyone else, due to the sanctions put in place after the Gulf War. That's why the whole "blood for oil" bull**** you hear these liberals blabbering about makes no sense at all. If we wanted Iraqi oil, the easiest way is to just lift the sanctions - BOOM! Several million barrels of crude hits the open market. Guess what happens to oil prices then?

Of course, if we could drill for oil in our own frickin' country, it might be a moot point - but I digress...

Quick Reply: OT: Gas/Diesel prices...what really causes the fluctuations?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.