No
79.03%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Arch - Yes no?

Old 02-17-2003, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Radar Arch

First off, God made us all different and I am glad he did because if will all shared the same view, it would be a dull and boring world.

Everyone has an opinion and they are entitled to it, but also remember, that there is a time and place for everything. Do I like a radar arch on an 80's boat (a big yes), would it look right on some of todays boats (only a few).

I did not think much of radar arches either. Most of them looked like an after thought, like they were just stuck up there and out of place. That was the case until I saw a Chris Cat with an arch. Yes it was 80's but that was the draw to me. The paint/graphic scheme is about the only one that I ever saw that actually made the arch look like it belonged there. Like it flowed together as one. The Miami Vice 38 KV Scarrab and 42 Fountian was another one that looked like it was natural to sport an arch.

As for Miami Vice, a big hell Yeah!!! One of my all time favorite shows. I dont care what any person says, if they are in their late 30's or early 40's they used to watch the show every Friday night. Miami Vice is what introduced most of us into the world of performance boating today! To deny that in itself is just plain GAY....

For someone to own a classic offshore boat of the 80's and then say that they dont like the 80s' Miami Vice look is nothing more than a wannabe that can't afford one of todays boats. As for me, I chose my Chris Cat (with radar arch) because I like that classic 80's offshore look above todays boats just as someone would choose to have a classic street rod or motorcycle.

If one waits long enough, everything comes full circle and is suddenly back in style. (Related point) I use to not care much for the classic bell bottom lowcut jeans, platform shoes and halter tops that girls use to wear, but I be dammed if they dont look pretty sexy wearing them today (again) Will radar archs come back in style (most likely not) but the 80's were a very big part of performance boating's history/styling and examples should still be available for people to see and appreciate (or hate) who cares.

Would a radar arch look right on a performance boat of today like the Skater or Outerlimits (A very Big NO!!) but that dont mean that theres still not a place for them on a performance boat.

Something to think about. golf, flying and cruises use to be only for the well healed but now every redneck plumber, landscaper and auto mechanic suddenly thinks that they are world traveling Pro's. Any body that rode a Harley used to be nothing more than hoodlem scooter trash until billionaire Malcolm Forbes started showing his passion for them.

Today, any thing is possible and anything goes and there's no one set style. Do what ever trips your trigger and forget all the rest......
Attached Thumbnails Arch - Yes no?-chriscatjpeg.jpg  
Old 02-18-2003, 12:10 AM
Registered

Default Radar Arch

Flashback at Idle.
Attached Thumbnails Arch - Yes no?-cc1.jpg  
Old 02-18-2003, 12:18 AM
Registered

Default Radar Arch

Arch doesnt seem to slow me by much @100+mph
Attached Thumbnails Arch - Yes no?-31criscat.jpg  
Old 02-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Registered

Talking Radar Arch

Makes A great seat with a veiw
Attached Thumbnails Arch - Yes no?-greg-bad-boy.jpg  
Old 02-18-2003, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here we go
Attached Thumbnails Arch - Yes no?-image065rev2.jpg  
Old 02-19-2003, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasnt Miami Vice supposed to be back on??? They canceled that and the Dukes of Hazzard
Old 02-19-2003, 08:45 AM
Registered

flashback:
Extremely well put.
I was one of those that watched Miami Vice every Friday-then hit the bars (in college).
Those guys were the sh*t back in the day.
It's funny, though, now they look basically gay.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres the thing

Would I go out and purchase a new boat with a radar arch, No.

Do I like the look of the 80's boats with them, Yes.

I like a boat that is different from everyone elses. I go to the Baja poker runs, and everyones boat looks the exact same. Same colors, same lines etc.

People remember my boat. Not that its some customized boat, but the arch, Danger Zone down the side etc.

Thats my .02
Old 02-21-2003, 08:24 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just go the price on a new arch for the 47 - $6750.00 Plus 350 for freight. WOW. I was figuring maybe 3K. I guess that is another reason to say NO.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:29 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I love economics it always brings wisdom.

Quick Reply: Arch - Yes no?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.