Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   They would not stop a Formula 1 race for..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43488-they-would-not-stop-formula-1-race.html)

Audiofn 02-16-2003 04:19 PM

They would not stop a Formula 1 race for.....

RAINE!!!!!!!! Nascar is such a SNOOZE!!!!

That should get ya all going :D:D

Jon

packinair 02-16-2003 04:24 PM

Jon: you must keep in mind they do it as a courtisy seeing how 95% of NASCAR fans need to close the roof vents and roll up the windows in their homes during rain:D :D

pullmytrigger 02-16-2003 05:54 PM

they've tested rain tires on superspeedways. the findings were the tire contact patch was too small for the wieght of the car at the speeds they would be running. For that matter cart and IRL dont run in the rain on superspeedways either. ....F1 is good if your a Ferrari fan, other than that its a snooze fest.......and this spoken from a guy who has been to the Montreal GP 9 or 10 times!!!

Audiofn 02-16-2003 08:03 PM

Originally posted by twinn29
they've tested rain tires on superspeedways. the findings were the tire contact patch was too small for the wieght of the car at the speeds they would be running. For that matter cart and IRL dont run in the rain on superspeedways either. ....F1 is good if your a Ferrari fan, other than that its a snooze fest.......and this spoken from a guy who has been to the Montreal GP 9 or 10 times!!!
Well you obviously have to slow down but the racing in the rain can be more entertaining then on the dry. Takes a different driver to be able to make a car fast in the rain.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-17-2003 04:22 AM

Fan factor. Most of the fans already cleared the stands. Not many came prepared for the changing weather. :crazy:

Indy 02-17-2003 08:43 AM

Originally posted by twinn29
F1 is good if your a Ferrari fan, other than that its a snooze fest.......and this spoken from a guy who has been to the Montreal GP 9 or 10 times!!!
twinn29...I'm going on my 6th Canadian Gran Prix...where do you sit? I hear ya on the snooze fest, but it seems like the FIA has realized the issues with the technology and is going to eliminate a whole bunch of it to make it more competitive...GOOD. I've been to IRL/CART, NASCAR, and F1 and still prefer the F1 to any of it. Audio has it right, it takes some great skill to be good in the dry as well as the wet. There are also critical decisions that have to be made by the team as to when to go to the intermediates and wet tires that can decide the outcome of the race. F1 has it right.

Even though Waltrip won the race, I'm sure he would have preferred to earn it the right way by going the distance.

26scarab 02-17-2003 10:59 AM

I actually sat down yesterday and starting watching the race. I'm not too much of a Nascar fan but it is cool seeing all those cars in a pack running 187 . Well I ended up falling asleep and when I woke up the race was off.
Don't they get dizzy driving in a circle ?!?!?:D

I'f prefer watching a FIA rally , I just caught the Swedish rally Wed. night . Now those guys can drive,they were running 130mph on ice !!! And one competitor came around a corner (in a full drift) and low and behold there was a moose on the road !!! Luckly he made it around it.
F1 racing is also very impressive I would love to see one in person.
Lastly is NHRA , it is impressive how fast a Top Fuel car can run. I've seen those in person and they are unbelievable !

The number one thing to watch is Offshore racing though !!!

bluellama 02-17-2003 11:01 AM

Apparently not...

Originally posted by Indy
Even though Waltrip won the race, I'm sure he would have preferred to earn it the right way by going the distance.
"Thank God for that rain shower," Waltrip said. "I prayed that God would forgive me for all the dumb things I do, then I asked for rain."

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-17-2003 11:16 AM

They are all fun and good, but until you have seen a Formula 1 Tunnel Boat race (in person), those guys have some exciting racing. I swear you won't fall asleep...:D :D :D

HyperBaja 02-17-2003 01:07 PM

Audio--RAIN :D

F1 gets so much better to watch in rain.