Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: 21 killed in stampede at a Chicago night club..... absolutely terrible. >

OT: 21 killed in stampede at a Chicago night club..... absolutely terrible.

Notices

OT: 21 killed in stampede at a Chicago night club..... absolutely terrible.

Old 02-18-2003, 08:24 PM
Allan4

Donzi38, Maybe I spoke too soon, seeing as I am finding out more info as I go. I am just going off the first post, which seemed to insinuate that there were some sort of code violation that should have shut the place down. Perhaps that is not the case. I will debate things that I beleive in, but I also admit when I am wrong. I think in hindsight I am probably out of line by posting without knowing more facts, but still stand strong behind my original points ....IF.... the first post has the correct info.

Yes, sometimes unfortunate things just occur, that is a sad reality we live with, but from what it appeared at first, this was completely unavoidable. Maybe that is not true. I guess we will have to see. Anyway, my bad, I take the rap for speaking out strongly before I got enough info, but there will be an orgin, a place where this esculated from a "cat" fight to a struggle for life. For as many bars as we all have been in, and for as many fights we have seen, it takes a VERY drastic turn of events for 21 people to die as a result of two women fighting in a bar. Smells a little fishy....21 people don't just die in a bar in downtown Chi-town without there being a catostrophic breakdown somewhere in the process. As you said, hope that something good comes from this, don't want this tradegy to be in vain.

I don't know that I agree with bouncer's using mace. I guess that is easy to say if I'm not the guy who has to keep the peace, but I can see how that would become more of a problem than a solution. I was a bouncer for a short stint in college, and we never needed mace......although things have changed in 10 years. However, they need training about mace. Cops are maced during training in order to feel the effects. I bet bouncers are not trained at all about this use of force. Lot of authority to give a bouncer.......

Okee-doke, I'll shut up.....Later, A4

Old 02-18-2003, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can say i would not typically think mace in a club is a good idea. This by the way is not a downtown Chicago club. It is a club on the south side that has such previous events as Mike Tyson in an altercation with a girl (prior club at same location) including him biting her and at least one known shooting. The fight Monday morning was between two girlfriends of a drug dealer over whose fur coat cost more.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:56 AM
Allan4

Donzi38, sorry it took me a few days to respond.....Yeah, sounds like a great place to hang out for a peaceful night of relaxation

However, still, these people did not deserve this and I beleive that in the coming weeks we will here of more than one thing that could have been avoided broke down horribly to cause this catastrophy. I think the city is going after the club owner right now, but that could be political. I hope not, becuase from what it sounds, this guy is negligent as hell. I'm not sue happy, infact, just the opposite, but people need to be held accountable...as you said.

Okay....one thing that I have noticed about myself is that I get to freakin long winded.....I'll behave from here on out

Old 02-20-2003, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have no fear, The Rev'rin Jesse's hot on the case!
Another fine dumbass specimen!

http://www.nationalreview.com/dreher/dreher022003.asp
Old 02-20-2003, 11:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

The Good Reverend Jesse the "Communist Whore Master" is up there placing the entire blame on the City and not his friends who ran the Place.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:14 AM
Allan4

I just cannot comprehend how people cannot see thru Jesse Jackson. He is, without question, one of the great all time con artists. It's a real shame. All that brilliance, and all he does is take advantage of people for a living. By the way, exactly what sort of Reverand is he? That's what I thought....

Old 02-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Registered

I am sorry to have to say this but the patrons of this place showed very poor judgement. They paniced and it became the blind leading the blind. How many times have we been taught to not panic in a situation like this. If they had just taken the time to think they would not have piled up at the door. A pure lack of education is also to blame. Anthrax will not kill you if it is treated in a timely manner. If I had been in this situation the last thing I would have done is follow the rest of the crowd. When you see a crowd of people or a traffic jam do you just get in line and wait? No, you try and go around it. I have escaped from burning buildings and avoided huge pile ups on the highway by thinking fast and going around it. The old saying goes...fend for yourself and don't follow the crowd.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:13 PM
Jeff

I hope the 2 hoes were charged with insiting a riot. Looks like more hip hop thug small time dealer BS. We avoid these type clubs like the plague down here, nothing good will ever happen with a crowd like that. I guess I 'm glad the kids in my family are long haired stoner types and hate hip hop rap crap.

Old 02-20-2003, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Jeff
long haired stoner types and hate hip hop rap crap.
Too funny! That makes two of us!
Old 02-20-2003, 08:12 PM
Registered

Dude...we can't stand that piece of **** up here.(JJ)
That club used JJ with the "racist harassment by city inspectors" card and lost.
Some innocent people, and some not so innocent died because of it.
It's a bad seen that club...known for its bad crowd.
It's just sad that now the city has to defend it's self over this.