Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: 21 killed in stampede at a Chicago night club..... absolutely terrible. >

OT: 21 killed in stampede at a Chicago night club..... absolutely terrible.

Notices

OT: 21 killed in stampede at a Chicago night club..... absolutely terrible.

Old 02-17-2003, 04:33 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy OT: 21 killed in stampede at a Chicago night club..... absolutely terrible.

Just read this. Happened at the Epitome night club on the near south side. 21 people either were trampled to death, or suffocated. This is just terrible. Stampede started when two girls got into a fight, and security used mace or pepper spray to break them up. Just when you think you are going to have a good time on the town, something like this can change your life forever.

Let's be careful out there.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:48 PM
Registered

I saw that. All the doors were locked also.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chicago has some huge clubs. My father lived there for about 12 yrs. He was right by the lake, on Ohio St. There was a club called the Bimini Beach Club around the corner, it held a lot of people, and was always packed.

2:00 AM, lots of drunk people, bad things can and do happen.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Happened outside a Who Concert once... Very sad.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya the club sceen out there I found to be fun but a little high strung. I am suprised crap like this does not happen more often.

Jon
Old 02-17-2003, 07:30 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally posted by Ken
Chicago has some huge clubs. My father lived there for about 12 yrs. He was right by the lake, on Ohio St. There was a club called the Bimini Beach Club around the corner, it held a lot of people, and was always packed.

2:00 AM, lots of drunk people, bad things can and do happen.
I used to go to the Bimini Beach Club. And yes, it was ALWAYS packed.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:38 PM
Registered

Just read on Foxnews.com that the club was closed by court order months ago, and was operating despite the court order. Reasons for the closure included fire violations, such as not enough exits....
Old 02-18-2003, 10:32 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

The club only had ONE exit leading from the second floor. This incomprehensible. The owners and managers of the club will be spending time in jail for this one. They are just lucky that it wasn't a fire. There would have been hundreds that would have been dead. The triangle-shirtwaist all over. Idiots.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:49 AM
Allan4

Originally posted by Reindl Powerboats
Happened outside a Who Concert once... Very sad.
That was from the festival seating at the Concert. Doors opened and everyone was trying to get a front row seat. There were not 21 dead, but I remember it being about 12-15. Trappled to death outside the entrance. Just aweful. Cincy learned it's lesson and banned festival seating in City limits, that was in the mid 70's.

In the mid 1970's at Beverly Hills, a high profile resturant accross the river in Kentucky, a fire that killed over 100 people. No exits. People were stuck and burned to death, they simply could not get out. They found chared bodies stacked on top of each other by exit doors that were locked. Makes me sick.

Foul, you are right, could happen to any of us. These owners need to be jailed for many years, perhaps life. BUt also...WHERE WAS THE COURT AUTHORITY!!??!!??!!?????? Why wasn't the place red taped and chained up??? MANY heads are going to, and should, roll for this. Just terrible.

Old 02-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BUt also...WHERE WAS THE COURT AUTHORITY!!??!!??!!?????? Why wasn't the place red taped and chained up???
I normally don't post much on these types of things, but this last comment really struck me wrong. Perhaps it wasn't meant the way I read it.
Thinking like this is exactly one of the main problems with our society today. No personal accountability. The people running the club were doing so illegally. In violation of several codes. Willingly risking the lives of every person that entered the club with total disregard to public safety.
And someone will blame the authorities for this????? WTF??? Has everyone in the entire country gone mad???
The club owners were warned and disregarded the warnings. Period.
Now some idiot attorney with $$$$ signs in his eyes will sue the authorities
Yea, that will help

I apologize foir ranting, it must be my poor childhood/traumatic school days/alcohol ingested without proper warning of dangers/parents not loving me enough/high school sweetheart dumping me/gradeschool lunch menu/temperature of formula I drank when I was a baby that is causing this erratic behavior

Only 1 question remains: Who can I sue for this?

Quick Reply: OT: 21 killed in stampede at a Chicago night club..... absolutely terrible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.