Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   St Cloud-Reminder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43563-st-cloud-reminder.html)

gdfatha 02-17-2003 06:37 PM

St Cloud-Reminder

I found this on the APBA site..

Howard Johnson Kissimmee Hotel to be host site for St. Cloud Florida Offshore Championship Race
Monday, February 17, 2003
The Howard Johnson Kissimmee conveniently located at 2323 East Irlo Bronson Highway in Kissimmee, Florida will be the host hotel for the Florida State Offshore Championship Race scheduled to be held on April 4, 5, and 6, 2003 on the beautiful East Lake Tohopekaliga in St. Cloud.

All 200-guest rooms are oversized and feature safes, Cable TV, clock radios, and coffee makers Local phone calls are free. All rooms have electronic locks and are entered through indoor corridors.

The hotel full service restaurant is Mom's Country Kitchen known for "Good Old Home Cooking". The hotel also offers adjoining rooms, lounge, game room, gift shop, guest laundry, Data-ports, a 1,000 square foot meeting room, a tropically landscaped pool, free transportation to Walt Disney World theme parks and plenty of parking space.

The hotel is conveniently located to area attractions including Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, City Walk, Sea World and Outlet Shopping. Families wishing to come early or stay after the race have the opportunity to combine the fun of the St. Cloud Rotary Club Spring Fling and Offshore Championship Race with the enjoyment of visiting major area attractions.

Gale Dwork, Director of Sales at the Howard Johnson said, "We welcome offshore racers, families and friends and want you to have a good time. A special rate of $46.00 per night plus tax is being offered for offshore guests. The rate is also offered for three days before the weekend event and for three days after the weekend event for those guests wishing to extend their visit by coming early and/or staying longer. When making a reservation please mention group code: "Race".

Howard Johnson Kissimmee
2323 Irlo Bronson Highway (Highway 192)
Kissimmee, FL 34744
Phone 407-846-4900 Fax 407-994-0188
Toll-Free 1-800-521-4656
www.hojohotel.com
Email: [email protected]

Directions: From I-4 exit to Florida Turnpike southbound. Take Exit #244, the Kissimmee/St. Cloud exit. Turn left (east) on US-192 then turn left again for entrance
to the hotel. Traveling northbound on the Florida Turnpike take Exit #242 to US-192. Turn left (west) on US-192. The Howard Johnson Kissimmee Hotel is located on the east side corner of the entrance to the Florida Turnpike and US-192.

For further information please contact the hotel or the St. Cloud Rotary Club at 407-892-1005

Warlock 27 02-17-2003 09:09 PM

Suggestuion

Thanks for the good info..may be a good idea to post under racers milling area as well:)

gmhdfan 02-18-2003 06:38 AM

Anyone needing a secure place to keep thier boat while in town. PM me I have room at my place just down the street from the hotels. Tools and repairs optional.:) :cool:

Pete 407-850-6000

skatermike24 02-18-2003 06:54 AM

Whats up Pete, its almost that time again, boy what a long winter, looking forward to the race. I also have room if anyone needs parking and or tools.

gmhdfan 02-18-2003 07:22 AM

Hi Mike! Been to the fair yet? I'm going to try and get home early tonight and run the girls over there. Erin just got her cast off her arm yesterday so she's ready to go. This will just be a sneak preview for Sat. when we go back. She's getting ready to start 1/4 midget racing in March. Her Mom wants her to play baseball instead.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

skatermike24 02-18-2003 09:43 AM

Pete went to the fair on Sat. already, my boy loved the rides, I won him a big snoopy dog at the stand you shoot the star out, its my favorite game, maybe go back this weekend who know's.