Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "Mike's Courageous Battle with Cancer" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43587-mikes-courageous-battle-cancer.html)

Wyld-Thang 02-18-2003 03:27 AM

"Mike's Courageous Battle with Cancer"

My son was just a normal 17- year old student at Antioch High School. Then in mid-September, after undergoing surgery to remove a mass, his life took a drastic turn. Mike found himself in a battle with testicular cancer that had already spread to his lungs and abdomen. He is now receiving his third round of chemotherapy. Although the treatments are physically and emotionally challenging Mike has maintained a positive disposition." The huge helping of Chemo hasn't taken away his hunger for life",he still flashes charismatic smiles as if cancer never invaded his youg body. As a single mom I ask that you please keep my son in your prayers. If you would like to help with funding or send get well wishes please send your donations to: Michael P. Lynn Fund, P.O. Box 553, Lake Villa IL.60046.Thank you and God Bless, Liz

hp500efi 02-18-2003 05:45 AM

So sorry to hear that. Keep up the spirit.

Thoughts and Prayers to you, your Son and your family.

tanned fat looks better 02-18-2003 05:50 AM

I will keep Mike and your family in my prayers. God Bless.

Reindl Powerboats 02-18-2003 07:38 AM

We will certainly keep him and your family in our prayers. When this is all over and he is strong, find us at the races and we will put him through our offshore racing school and let him have a blast out on the water, on the house.

Prayers,
The entire Reindl Powerboats Crew.

throttleup 02-18-2003 07:54 AM

Stay strong and positive! We will pray for him as well as your family!

Julie

Shane 02-18-2003 07:59 AM

Originally posted by Reindl Powerboats
We will certainly keep him and your family in our prayers. When this is all over and he is strong, find us at the races and we will put him through our offshore racing school and let him have a blast out on the water, on the house.

Prayers,
The entire Reindl Powerboats Crew.

What a wonderful gesture. Chris. truly a class act.

Best wishes Liz.

THEJOKER 02-18-2003 07:59 AM

Liz:

Tell your son to stay strong and we'll all say a prayer for him. You'll be receiving something in the mail this week from me. Hang in there! Brian Hollis

JO - PANTERABOATS 02-18-2003 08:05 AM

Would he like a" Pantera racing" cap? If so, please tell me where to send it to. He will be in our thoughts and prayers! JO-PANTERA.

CigDaze 02-18-2003 08:08 AM

Thinking of Mike.
Best Wishes, stay strong.

wwwTOPDJcom 02-18-2003 08:40 AM

He can pull through , think Positive
and keep your head Up.

bobby daniels 02-18-2003 01:00 PM

HE sounds tough very tough ,with his and Gods strength he will pull though and be fine ,we will add you to our prayers ,,

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wyld-Thang 02-18-2003 05:29 PM

Mike and I want to thank you for all your prayers and support...We feel so very blessed to have such caring people to help walk with us through this difficult Journey....Please send get well wishes and support to:
Michael P. Lynn Fund
P.O. Box 553
Lake Villa,IL.60046

God Bless,Liz Lynn

T2x 02-18-2003 05:46 PM

Does Jen still have the boat racer's charity website?

T2x

candyman35 02-18-2003 07:21 PM

Mike & Liz,
We are so sorry for you guys. Are Accountant's son went through Lymphoma when he was a freshmen in High School. He has since made a complete recovery. You guys might want to contact the Make a Wish foundation. They are a great organization and are able to help lift the spirits. Keep strong! We will keep you in are prayers.

Dan & Vicki

Jassman 02-18-2003 07:28 PM

Our family will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers, Although you have a very difficult journey, being positive will get you through this, God Bless You Mike.

Sydwayz 02-18-2003 07:50 PM

Godspeed in Recovery to Mike during this battle.:)

THEJOKER 02-23-2003 09:45 PM

Liz

Just checking on Mike and making sure you got my care package. Please keep us posted - Brian Hollis

Wyld-Thang 02-24-2003 04:49 PM

Mike still has a positive disposition even though all of his hair has fallen out and his face is swallen up like a balloon from all the chemicals that are being pumped into his young body.....Cancer is not easy for anyone at any age,but I believe that it is hardest for teens. Your teen years are supposed to be the best,full of dating,sports,homecoming dances,etc....When one is not able to do the same things as their peers its not easy.But having so much love and support from so many people from all over the world has given Mike and I strength to see past all the ugliness of this terrible disease.
Let's just keep praying that Mike will be in remission....And please feel free to help with funding:
Michael P. Lynn Fund
P.O Box 553
Lake Villa IL. 60046

Hey,Brian Hollis....still looking for the care package you sent.I'll let you know when we receive it....Your the best !!!!

Thanks OSO members for all your prayers and support... I will keep you posted on Mike's progress......

Take care,Liz Lynn

CAP071 02-24-2003 06:59 PM

Sorry to hear. I spent 1 year up NY at Sloan Kettering with my brother I know what you are going through.

Outlawcowgirl 02-24-2003 09:06 PM

Liz-

My heart goes out to you and your son. Tell him to keep his chin up. He will be in my thoughts and prayers. Be brave and have courage.

-Carrie

THEJOKER 02-24-2003 09:19 PM

Liz

Liz - UPS just called me and your package was undeliverable due to the PO BOX. Please send me an address so I can rush the package back out . Brian

Black Thunder Boat 02-25-2003 07:09 PM

Liz & Mike
My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope all the best. We found out in May that our 3 year old son has cancer also. Keep thinking positive thoughts.
Mike Nichols

Sydwayz Too 02-25-2003 07:24 PM

I am sorry to hear that. I pray for him and the family. Take one day at a time and be positive. I am glad that his smile is shining. Keep it that way. Remember God works through positive energy...
;) :)

Neda

HOUSTONPROP 02-26-2003 08:38 AM

cancer suxxxxxxxxxxx

Mike is in our prayers,we know first hand as Kim is battling caner /he is in our prayer's as we'll as you and your family/(keep smiling) Darin&Kim Murphy

dockrocker 02-26-2003 08:41 AM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you!