Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Cumberland on the rise (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/43894-lake-cumberland-rise.html)

US1 Fountain 02-21-2003 07:54 PM

Lake Cumberland on the rise

Seen where it has risen over 20' in just the last 5 days. That's a chit load of water!

Reckless32 02-21-2003 10:11 PM

Can you say LOGS!!!

h2owarrior 02-21-2003 11:05 PM

Why all this posting about Lake Cumberland ? It's really not that great. Those of you that have not been there are missing nothing. Don't bother traveling those very long distances to get there. It's dry (no liquor), the houseboats dump raw sewage into the lake (and there are a bunch of houseboats on the lake) and like reckless said, there will be all kinds of logs to tear up those outdrives this year due to the flooding caused by all the snow and rain.

It is really not worth the trip.....so stay home.

Boatfixr 02-22-2003 03:58 AM

I have been going to Cumberland since '91 and I love it! Very scenic, clear water, private coves, and great people. Since it is "dry" you just take your refreshments with you. As far as the logs go, yes I have noticed them after flooding just like any lake but they seem to clear out quickly. Houseboats at Cumberland have complex waste treatment systems called MSDs. The treated discharge has been tested to be as safe as any city treatment plant and all boats had to be converted by '98. I am sure there are a few outlaws that may not comply but I think that the total ppm (parts per million) levels should be safe considering the billions of gallons of lake water to dilute. So if put to a vote count mine as Lake Cumberland = Fun.

boatfreak 02-22-2003 08:01 AM

Kevin,
I think you forgot to put in a smiley or two and Boatfixr missed your point. It was a little trickery in an attempt to get the lake all to himself. You've got to get up real early to trick me though.:D
How have you been Kevin? I hope you can make the run in March. I know it's out for me.:(
Let's work together to drag some of these Thunder owners to this dirty log infested lake for the poker run.

h2owarrior 02-22-2003 10:48 AM

Originally posted by Boatfixr
Houseboats at Cumberland have complex waste treatment systems called MSDs. The treated discharge has been tested to be as safe as any city treatment plant and all boats had to be converted by '98.
Hey Boatfixr, are you including the chuncks that come out of the macerator. :D :D You can drink it if you want, but I would preffer not to. :rolleyes:

wild willy, I will do my best........I'm trying not to say anything positive about the lake and it is driving me crazy:crazy: We have been Cumberland regulars since 75, I guess that tells you what I really think of the lake.

boatfreak28, We are bringing the boat back to "THE" lake after the Destin run the end of March. We will definitly make the poker run this year.

388Hustler 02-22-2003 11:05 AM

Attn Indiana guys:

Which marina are you guys in? I've been on the Ohio since I moved up from Lexington and I don't care much for it. I'm thinking about moving the boat back to Cumberland but the drive is pretty long. Which marina is closest and how do you guys go down? 64 to 75? 65 to the Cumberland Pkwy?

388Hustler 02-22-2003 11:07 AM

I'm kind of partial to sewage and logs...

:D :D :D

h2owarrior 02-22-2003 11:17 AM

388....they are addicitng aren't they:D :D

Boatfixr 02-22-2003 12:46 PM

As Austin Powers would say it tastes a bit nutty! Thanks for clearing up how you really feel! I just can't think of a place that I have had more fun.