Notices

Where's Scarab gone

Old 02-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Tom McCann

Angry Where's Scarab gone

I went to the boat show last week and wanted to see the new Scarabs only to find Scarabs are no longer built. Whats up with this. If anyone has some info on who will be buying the molds and building Scarabs again please share.

Old 02-22-2003, 02:35 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Larry Smith will build you a custom 43, other than that, no Scarabs.
Old 02-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Wellcraft made the decision to discontinue Scarab. They will more than likely keep the molds in case they decide to re-enter the market later. Kind of a shame, but Genmar chairman Irwin Jacobs didn't get rich by making bad decisions. You can love him or hate him but he is one of the smartest businessmen I've ever had the pleasue to meet.
Old 02-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Tom McCann

I cant disagree with either of you. I believe Jacobs will make a deal with Smith to build Scarabs again.

Old 02-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was reading that the performance boat industry is too crowded with boat company's and wellcraft was NOT selling enough scarabs So they said No more. It was costing to much $$ to keep that boat line up n running. wellcraft wants to keep focus on the fishing boat line they said that is where the money is at for them.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:27 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Didn't I see one at the show? It had outboreds and pole holders. What a shame. But if your in bussiness to make money you do what you have to do.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:26 AM
Team Gary

Larry Smith has gotten the molds back. He will build custom Scarabs. We are currently rigging a 48, with Tri-max drives.

Old 02-23-2003, 11:14 AM
Registered

What about the Sprints?
Old 02-23-2003, 12:18 PM
Hustler 26

Sad isn't it. I always liked the Scarabs. Maybe when the economy swings around WellCraft will bring them back. At least Larry is still offering some custom models.

Old 02-23-2003, 12:29 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the pleasure to run twice in Florida waters along side a beautiful 38 Scarab.

Man, I have to say that is one of the most beautiful boats in the water. The attitude of that boat at speed is SWEET!

I hate to see them go, now that I have interest in them. But they really have not made many changes and the cabin is a little dated.

Oh well, maybe they will return someday even better.

So Long Scarab

Quick Reply: Where's Scarab gone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.