Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best Wide screen TV  Monitor for under $3000?? >

Best Wide screen TV Monitor for under $3000??

Notices

Best Wide screen TV Monitor for under $3000??

Old 02-17-2003, 07:37 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best Wide screen TV Monitor for under $3000??

Any suggestions?

and another question..====> If a TV program leader states recorded in Dolby 5.1-does a TV actually have 5 speaker outputs? I have never seen one that does..

Thanks for the advice..
Old 02-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

what size we talking about? Glass tube or rear pro?

Let me know and I will tell ya what I think.

Jon
Old 02-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Yes, have seen several with 5.1 speaker-level outputs.
I think they are a waste, though, cause most people get better value out of an outboard Dolby Digital receiver.

You usually end up paying 400 or 500 dollars for a 30 or 40 watt 5-channel amp in the TV, and you can get a hi-power full-featured name brand multi input receiver for the same money.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:41 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Audio..I think a rear pro.. I saw a 42 Toshiba that had an amazing pic.

I'm open to all suggestions...
Old 02-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope so STAY AWAY FROM TOSHIBA

The problem that you can have with trying to figure out the difference btwn the different sets is you need to make sure that they are seeing the same signal. Also you need to make sure that they are all set up properly. Not one with the brightness up way to high or the contrast to the moon. The best looking rear pro sets out there for my money is the Sony and the Mits sets. I like the sony better but that is my eye. You will have NO problem getting either one of those sets in that size for that price. As far as the reciever for the HDTV go with the Zeinith. Zenith makes the units for Sony and they are ussually 100 bucks cheaper. Same IR and RS232 codes and everything!!!! The Zenith also works best with your off air tuning and also the ability to channel surf is MUCH improved. Hope that helps ya in your search.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Audio will answer all your questions, but I was looking at them LAST January (13 months ago) and at that time, the Toshibas would not show two digital inputs live in a split screen (two shows at once). They would go live split screen with ONE digital input and something off the internal tuner.

Both the Mitsubishis and the Hitachi will show live split screens with multiple digital inputs (at least they would 13 months ago).

Perhaps all of the above will now show multiple live digital splitscreen images.

** Where this is useful is if you use a DVD with component level inputs AND an outboard HDTV tuner/sat box.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:07 PM
Registered

It is hard to beat the new Zenith widescreens and the processors. I stock both at my store, Maximum Home Entertainment in Tampa. Additionally, I still have the Runco DLP projector model CL-500 for sale that I posted a few weeks ago. Retail almost $8000 price reduced to $3000. Only three months old with full warranty and looks brand new. Generally, you can hardly get $500 off. This is a special situation.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:10 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Thanks guys..

I have always (15-20years) had a Mitsu.I'll print this out and advise when I purchase..
Old 02-17-2003, 09:11 PM
liquidlocomotive

Hitachi make most of the parts that go into all the sets. Ask Joe900SC he sells a whole lotta them everyday.

Old 02-17-2003, 09:11 PM
NotTOOBAD

Damn Jon...I've had my eye on that same little 42" Toshiba RPTV for awhile now...was all but ready to put my money down. Hmmm...back to research mode. BTW...how can you actually tell the difference in picture? The only guys around Austin that don't turn the brightness way up are the videophile type stores that are way out of my $$$ range.

Best advice I've heard...no matter what you buy plan on the $250 or so for ISF calibration after 40-60 hours of viewing.

Oh...and if I had $3000 or so to drop, I'd be looking at the cheaper LCD/DLP projectors. Course then I'd need to kill lots of sunlight...hey maybe that duct tape and plastic sheeting will come in handy after all!!!

Quick Reply: Best Wide screen TV Monitor for under $3000??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.