Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for old wooden water skis (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44091-looking-old-wooden-water-skis.html)

Chart 02-24-2003 11:47 PM

Looking for old wooden water skis

The Mrs.'s wants to do a project that requires several wooden water skis. So, we're looking for old, worn-out wooden skis. If you've got some just taking up space in your shed, please let us know what you want for them (cheap is good; free is better!:D ) Condition of the skis, bindings, or fins doesn't matter.

thanks.

buck183 02-25-2003 12:04 AM

Chart,

I've gotta ask before someone else does. Why? :)

Oh, I may have some for ya too.

Buck

Chart 02-25-2003 12:16 AM

She wants to build (or more likely have me build) outdoor furniture for the lake house using wooden waterskis.

Buck, glad you responded. We talked last year about improving the suspension on an excursion for trailering. You suggested a rear anti-sway bar, which I've yet to order from you. Will it work with air bags, or will they fight for the same space on the axle? (Looks like I just stole my own thread!!!)

R Addiction 02-25-2003 09:52 AM

Go into any T.G.I. Fridays restuarants and look on the walls!! Go on a friday night they are usually packed!!!!:D

buck183 02-25-2003 10:45 AM

Originally posted by Chart
She wants to build (or more likely have me build) outdoor furniture for the lake house using wooden waterskis.

Buck, glad you responded. We talked last year about improving the suspension on an excursion for trailering. You suggested a rear anti-sway bar, which I've yet to order from you. Will it work with air bags, or will they fight for the same space on the axle? (Looks like I just stole my own thread!!!)

Sounds like a good idea. I thought you were trying to save $$ on a privacy fence for the house or something. ;)

Buck

Chart 02-25-2003 02:05 PM

Originally posted by R Addiction
Go into any T.G.I. Fridays restuarants and look on the walls!! Go on a friday night they are usually packed!!!!:D
Boy do I feel dumb, overlooking a simple solution like that:eek: :D

supergirl 02-25-2003 02:42 PM

I think my brother and I are going to fight over ours. When I get a house I want to hang them and other old sports stuff on the wall of a cheezy basement bar. But I like the furniture idea

buck183 02-25-2003 05:43 PM

Chart,

I just now saw the rest of your post. Sorry.

I would be surprised if they interfered with each other. On the other hand, I've never had a customer do both. I'm kinda shootin blind on this one. I can call them about it though.

K, back on topic now.

Buck

NASTY HABIT 02-25-2003 09:20 PM

I think I got some......

fountain1fan 02-25-2003 10:19 PM

ill check with my brother he might have some