Notices

Hummer H2 - Any problems?

Old 02-26-2003, 11:44 PM
Auto Sales & Leasing
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a new H2 in my rental fleet. People love to rent this vehicle. They like the look and they like to be looked at, especially in yellow, which I have. The vehicle rides and handles much better then it looks. The interior is plush for this type of vehicle and quite comfortable. I personally like it, particularly when it snows. It pretty much goes through anything when you lock it up. Fuel economy is a big let down, about 12mpg and that's on a trip. My loaded up yellow one will be for sale shortly. I only put 7k miles on it and out the door it goes. If any one is interested in it, just let me know.

Oh yeah......don't forget.......you can rent it.

1-888-GO-CHAMP
Old 02-26-2003, 11:47 PM
Auto Sales & Leasing
Platinum Member

R-Addiction

Come on down and get this baby this weekend. I need to start off March on a good note.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:58 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

If I remember right, the H2 has the M32 tranny; same as in my AV 2500, and the 'Burb 2500; which are mated to the 8.1L 496. I will admit I had tranny problems, but it was due to a bad pump. They fixed the pump, and all is very good now. If the M32 can handle the 8.1L; the 6.0L will is a drop in the bucket.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:02 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bad pump..

I had a bad pump in the 4L80-E in my '00 K3500 Dually. It was bad when new. They changed the pump right before we were heading to Bike Week from PA, towing my 8x24 trailer.
That trans lasted until South Carolina. I got off 95 to gass up, went to leave the stop light.. and had no go...
The truck and trailer stayed in SC for the week while we used a Ford Uhaul for the trip.
The mechanic in SC said that the prior repair was no good. The mechanic had folded a gasket, which blocked oil flow. Nice. GM also boned me out of $400 in expenses incurred.
Trans has been 100% since the good ole boys in SC straightened it out.

Oh yeah. we were talking H2's right???
If it was me.. I'd buy the Ford Ex, with the PSD and call it a day.
FYI, they're giving Ex's away!
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 02-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Registered

het boatle$$
I need a escalade 2wd email me
[email protected]

Rick
Old 02-27-2003, 11:32 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Transmissions:
Original hummer w/6.5 diesel - MT1/ 4L80E
H2 6.0 litre - M15/ 4L65E
8.1 and 6.6 available with M74/ Allison.

But then again you can order just about anything!

Boatle$$, 7000 rental miles?!!
Old 02-27-2003, 12:53 PM
Rick Anderson

So far I haven't seen comments from anyone who drives one daily so here is my two cents.

I have had mine for 3 months and am very happy with it. For everyday driving it is as nice as an Escalade or Land Cruiser (which I had before this). If you want a fun off road vehicle that you can drive everyday, this is the vehicle. The H1 is not designed to be an everyday vehicle where the H2 has the creature comforts you would expect in a luxury SUV.

As far as towing, I tow my 26 velocity no problem but I would not tow the our F2 boat with it. The engine performs well for daily driving.

So far I have had no problems and the gawk factor is pretty cool.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-27-2003, 01:43 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The 6.0 is a great performer!!!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tired talk!

I've had mine for 3 months as well I tow a 36 Spectre /trailer (10,000lbs) with absolutly no difficulty. The truck is extremly powerful and it's wide stance make it a great tow vehicle. In fact I'd pull the bumpers off those trucks that some of you trash talkers are driving. gas milage is poor...but screw it I'm not a "fuel *****" I don't drive it far and my boat uses a lot more. recently I pulled my rig out of the water at low tide all three wheels on the trailer OFF the slab, without reving over 2000rpm. It will run at 80 just fine. A little more wind noise at 90-95. Very Stable on corners and in the rain.

REAL trucks are 4-Wheel drive ALL the time.

I removed the spare for more room in the rear area, (smaller than most full size SUV's. The truck get's a tremendous amount of attn and mine has no chrome "do-dads" on it.

Obviously an H1 is not a daily driver an H2 is and I didnt by mine beacuse it was a Hummer. My wife thought it was cool and it struck a chord inside of me from my Tonka Truck days.

Speed ...well my friend has a 2003 Yukon XL and we had a little drag race. Both about the same with the Yukon's Hood 6 ft infront of the H2's. Boy's will be boy's.

About the "not a real hummer ' comment. Hmmm. sounds a little jealous to me!

I hav'nt stirred the kettle in a while....felt good.

maximus

Old 02-28-2003, 08:25 AM
Registered

Maximus,
Let me get this strait. If anyone is worried about 12mpg on a trip then they are considered "Fuel Pussies".
There is a reason that this hummer is 40-50K below the origional. It's what car manufactures to to increase profit. It's called pulling out the content. Compare the chassis of a Yukon and an H2. The H2 Yukon with a different badge for 20K more.

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 - Any problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.