Notices

Tunnel Tabs on Cats

Old 02-26-2003, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunnel Tabs on Cats

I would like to hear from those of you who have some experience with Tunnel Tabs on Cats. I am buying a Liberator 24 with two 300x Merc's and I have seen some Skater 24's with tabs and read a little on the subject from some on this forum, but I am really curious as to the need for them, what their benefits are (if any) and how well they work, how big do they need to be, etc. I would also like to hear from users of these tabs regarding their techniques when using the tabs. As you can tell, I'm in a learning mode and there is no substitute for experience. I have none so I'm hopeing you'll share yours with me.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do a search for T.Tabs I found alot'O'threads

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ht=tunnel+tabs
Old 02-26-2003, 07:51 PM
Registered

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:19 PM
Registered

Bakozza i am in the process of puting a tab on my 30 motion. Hope to elimanate the mid range porpoise. Talk to some outboard cat racers, said it is very usefull. Can be senitive I was told be careful
Old 02-27-2003, 05:58 PM
gokid

Have you ever had a ride in a 24' with 3 liter motors? Do the math- your boat will porpose like no other. Compare the 2.5's to the 3 liters looking at the weight only, you shall have your hands full...... please do some research if it's not too late. Good luck

Old 02-27-2003, 07:14 PM
tunnelvision

BAZOOKA, I'M RANDY'S FRIEND W/24' LIB. WITH 300X'S.THE 300'S WEIGH ABOUT 50lb. MORE THEN A 2.5. SO THE DIF. OF THE 2 300'S IS ABOUT 16 OR SO GALLONS OF GAS. OUR FRIEND HAS A 24' SKATER WITH X'S ON IT ,IT RUNS GREAT WITH NO HANDLING QUIRKS. HE'S NOT REAL FAMILIAR WITH IT ,I'VE BEEN ON IT (RANDY WAS DRIVING, AROUND 112MPH.) AND THE MOTORS NEED TO COME UP A LITTLE STILL. YOU WILL LOVE THAT THING!!!!I DID THE MATH!!!!!

Old 02-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Registered

Default Thanks for the reply

It was nice to hear from someone with experience versus opinion. I have some concerns, but Dan Weeden (Cougar), Hledin (Skater) and several others with impeccable credentials have echoed your words. Dan was very sure I was going to love the boat. I'm only just really curious about this tab thing. What has your experience been with the boat? Does it porpoise and if so at what speed and can you just drive right thru it. Do you consider it a big deal or not? Have you considered the tunnell tab that Randy is developing? Hledin said the speed that he experieced the porpoise was around 72-75 and it disappeared by 80. He indicated that you could just blast thru it without much trama.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:37 PM

Call Rolf from Proroc Marine. He made mine to custom for my cat and it truned out great. 1-732-477-7039. Otto
Old 02-28-2003, 06:25 PM
tunnelvision

BAZOOKA, IT WILL DRIVE RIGHT THRU IT , BUT IT DOES HOP PRETTY GOOD 70-85.THE TAB SHOULD HELP THAT, PLUS THE HELP IT GIVES GETTING ON PLANE.YOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP IT (T.TAB)UP IN ROUGH WATER.I AM PUTTING ONE ON MINE. DO YOU HAVE YOUR BOAT YET? GOTTA SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. RICKY
HEY, P.M. ME YOUR #, I'LL GIVE YOU A CALL FROM WORK

Old 02-28-2003, 09:19 PM
wayne

The weight difference between 2.5s and 300x's is about 100lbs per motor . The 2.5 weighs about 375 and the 300x is about 475lbs. good luck

Quick Reply: Tunnel Tabs on Cats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.