Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Stereo: Bass Tube Subwoofers??? >

Stereo: Bass Tube Subwoofers???

Notices

Stereo: Bass Tube Subwoofers???

Old 02-28-2003, 07:22 AM
MikeBaja232

Default Stereo: Bass Tube Subwoofers???

Anybody use these bass tubes (i.e. Bazooka) in their boats? How do they work for you and where do you have them mounted?

Mike

Old 02-28-2003, 08:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you will be better off using sealed enclosures with sub woofers! Plus you can cover the enclosures in the same color material that you interior is, purple, blue, white......
Old 02-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, sounds like you have the same idea that I had - remove them when needed to use them in the truck/car? I think Robert's in M'town sometimes sells used ones at a discount. He might let you try a set out. Just run a wire and plug it in. I would guess that under the back seat would be the best location for your boat.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:00 PM
Rivercrazy

It all depends on what your looking for. Do you want to really pound or have a modest increase in bass response.

One thing to remember is in an open air environment, the sound goes poof.

A couple of 12's in sealed boxes with about 600-1000 watts will pound pretty respectably. Some JL Audio, Infinity Kappa Perfects, Phoenix gold subs will all pound with authority and sound great in the process

Old 02-28-2003, 12:09 PM
MikeBaja232

I'm really looking to improve the overall system efficiency. Free up my speakers for more mids and highs by transfering the lows to the bass. I don't want to go urban.

Mike

Old 02-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Registered

I was planning on trying the powered Bazooka this Spring. For the same reasons, to free up the 6.5's for mids and highs. Run a hot, ground and RCA pair of wires and your done.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:55 PM
Registered

Those Bazookas are amaizing. I have them in my truck and so does my brother. I have the 8" powered and they thump like 12s. I was leary myself until my brother got them. Now they are mobile, powered, easy to install and really work well. I think they make 10" now which would be better although the 8s are easy to hide. Well worth the price. and no gapping holes to drill.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Registered

I was thinking of trying them out myself, go to overton's .com and search product #18171

http://www.overtons.com/cgi-bin/over...3809&PID=71784
Old 02-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Registered

I already have an amp... Does anyone have 2 of these un amplified they want to get rid of?

Anyone know any good CD players that wont start skipping in a few years and play burnt cd's? Even when sitting still, the 2 year old Jensen wont play right and scratches my cd's . thats all after it takes 5 minutes to load the burnt cd!!!
Tommy

Last edited by HyperBaja; 02-28-2003 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:55 PM
packinair

I have a brand new powered 10" bazzoka tube sitting in my garage if interested I think I paid $220 with shipping if that sounds right I was going to put it my boat but I have no room

Quick Reply: Stereo: Bass Tube Subwoofers???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.