Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sold!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44404-sold.html)

SummerObsession 03-01-2003 09:24 PM

Tres told me this was THE original promotional built for Playboy/Cigarette promotions. I told him that if the playmates came with it, it could be worth more money! :D :D

Anyway, if anyone knows where I could purchase any promotional bits (i.e. videos, brochures, etc.) I would be very interested. I think a boat like this should have some of the history preserved with it.

I'm off to buy the wife a diamond encrusted bunny belly ring!!:D :D ;)

cigarette1 03-01-2003 10:26 PM

There was also an article in Powerboat that had a Playboy like pull-out centerfold of the boat(on the wall in my office). The whitewater in that pic was from my boat. There is/was an episode on Boats and Places that included the run to Catalina from Dana Point on the cristening(sic) day of the first Playboy. It showed among other things, the Playboy boat and myself running side-by-side.

I have some pics of that day but can't post them until Monday.

G

Audiofn 03-02-2003 08:19 AM

Re: CONGRATS!!

Originally posted by JM94
I am so happy for you SummerObsession, WE at Martin Offshore want to help people dreams come true!!!

JM94:D

Oh man you guys are great!!! What a offer!!!! I can not believe that no one else has not jumped on this!!!! Well my dream (at leaste now :D) is a 42 Tiger with #6 drives and 900sc's. Can you make my dream come true? I do not have any money :D:D

Sumer: That boat is awsome!!! I absolutely LOVE the floor in wood!!! If you had said that to me with out a picture I would look at you screwy but seeing it in a picture it just looks SO SWEET. ENJOY your summer :D:D

Jon

SummerObsession 03-02-2003 10:03 AM

Too Old: thanks for the offer! I was thinking of calling Powerboat and seeing if I could order back issues. What month and year was that in?
Cigarette 1: thats coo, looking forward to the pics!
Audio: I thught like you, wood floor? YUCK!! But them more pics I see of it, the more I can appreciate it's timeless beauty. Plus, if you didn't like it, you could always cover it with a carpet.

cigarette1 03-02-2003 12:15 PM

SO,

Here is a link to the Boats and Places review. They used to have a video link to the episode I reffered to above but it's not there now. If you contact them, I sure you could be supplied with a link to or a copy of the video.

Playboy Review

G

cigarette1 03-02-2003 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:cool:

cigarette1 03-02-2003 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another

cigarette1 03-02-2003 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another

cigarette1 03-02-2003 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, one more

cigarette1 03-02-2003 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, that Phantom Chaos shows up everywhere !!
:D