Notices

37 GTX or Gladiator

Old 03-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I love Cigarettes......but for functionality the Outerlimits 37' GTX offers alot more than the Gladiator. They are both beautiful boats, but I would take the GTX.
What are the differences in price?? That could be a deciding factor.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:52 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Treadwell,

Best of Luck in 2003

DPT
Old 03-04-2003, 08:22 PM
Registered

thanks guy's and thanks to old. saved up a few years for this one.

outerlimits is about 100,000.00 more then the ciggret but about 15 miles an hour slower so that's the diffrence.

Treadwell
Old 03-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Registered

I love Cigs more than just about anyone else on this board. They are a perfect boat for most of the water conditions the Pacific kicks up. The ride is great and they stay together. Unfortunatly in my buisness we look at resale numbers. I have yet to see another model loose its value as fast as the 36' Gladiator. The mystique was taking a few hits up until the last year or so and then Cigarette pulled them from the line. The Gladiator with almost any Power/Drive configuration is taking a first year hit that makes Reggie smile. I am not saying that an OL doesnt take a hit, but the numbers speak for themselves. The OL can also be bought with a cabin. That helps get the "Okay" from the wife!...Nice move Mike (Newlywed) OL also took a look at adding a wrap around rear seat. Has anyone ever tried sitting in the center seat of a Gladiator in more than 3 foot seas. Desighn Flaw!!! And the "No Rub Rail" is a nice astetic idea if you take the time to round the edges evenly. The last Gladiator I saw looked like the did the initial sanding at night and never bothered to finish. I cant come up with one bad thing to say about any other Cigarette Model, But I would not spend the money (Or give the thumbs up to a client) on a Gladiator.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:39 PM
SPWilson

The "GLADIATOR" is taking a "HIT" because of....? What? Could it be the economy and current market for used? I think every Pre-Owned boat is suffering at this time, not just the Cigarette.

Old 03-04-2003, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree with SPWilson, the economy does suck, interest rates are at their all time low, car loans are all at 0% for 60 mos, just trying to stimulate the economy, BUT, we all can't give up, it will get better.

Back to the topic, I'll go with the under dog, you know the overpriced, slower, Back Marker boat, Good Luck Treadwell-Eric
Old 03-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Registered

Have you seen the new "Retail Sheet" for Cigarettes. It is not the economy. I want someone to explain the "Bad Economy" we are in. I sold a boat two days ago, and sold over 10 cars in the last month. Most that are worthy of the title "Exotic". Finnance rates are at a rate I would have given my right Butt cheek for two years ago in Real estate, Boats, and cars. And still I get lowball offewrs day in and day out with this "Bad Economy" crap. Would someone with an MBA plaese educate me...And not on my spelling. Back to the subject, The Gladiator is even More Limited in practicle use than any other "Offshore Boat" Sit down (Back breaker) No Cabin (No sleeping corters or boat camping) No Rub Rail (Must know how to dock right...The first time)
Its limited. Sure they are fast on stock power...Yeah!!! That and a rocket up your ass help you win a Poker run...Oh Wait...There not a race! Li-Mi-Ted!!! Ad a cabin, and some wrap arounds on the seats and the boat know has a value, not just luster to the first owner.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:47 PM
SPWilson

Huh?

Old 03-05-2003, 06:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I still disagree, the economy is down, in a slump, whatever you want to call it. We put more money on the books last year vs the previous year but it seems like your spinning your wheels to make a deal, the volume might be up, but guys take a look at the net profit, we are having to do more to make less, everyone right now is not going to pay 6-7% for 60mos car financing, cause the last year its been at 0%. Ive sold more homes this year alone, and its March, but the gross profit is less, everyone you know straps on a tool belt, brings their rusted up old pickup without insurance and is a custom builer, the banks have no clue, they are so busy doing refi's, and new construction loans, they don't do their homework to check the contractor out, then there is a problem down the road that never gets completely finished or completed. I liked it better when I did 10 homes a year vs 16-20 to make the same money, I sure had a hell of a lot more time to go boating
Old 03-05-2003, 06:55 AM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I LIKE THE OL BEEN IN THE MARKET BUT JUST DOING A LOT OF TIRE KICKING JUST A LITTLE BIT OUT OF REACH BUT OL IS THE BOAT OF CHOICE I WILL BE IN ONE SOONER THEN LATER HOPEFULLY $$$$$ YOU REALY GET A LOT MORE FOR YOUR MONEY. I HAVE LOOKED ALL MAKES AND MODELS AND BEEN IN THEM ALL AS WELL WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GO FOR A RIDE IN 3-4 FOOTERS AND NOT SILL YOUR COCKTAIL LOL ONLY IN A OL SO FOLLOW THE LEADER

Quick Reply: 37 GTX or Gladiator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.