Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "Smugglers and Speedboats", the Don Aronow story, Wed 10pm, A&E Network (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44582-smugglers-speedboats-don-aronow-story-wed-10pm-e-network.html)

T2x 03-06-2003 04:19 PM

Originally posted by cigarette1
I liked the statement near the end when someone said something to the effect:

Boat racing used to be about boat builders, then it became about drug dealers and now it's about rich guys.

G

Actually it started out with rich boat builders, changed to rich drug dealers, and now it's about rich guys of all shapes and sizes.

Ah the American dream...........where spending is only limited by how much money you have..........swindle,...... or borrow;)

T2x............ still cynical after all these years.

THRILLSEEKER 03-06-2003 04:28 PM

OBNOXUS 21....its George Jung not Young.

OBNOXUS21 03-06-2003 04:52 PM

oops.........my bad

C_Spray 03-06-2003 06:34 PM

Originally posted by T2x
.....The guy at the end in the prison suit was Young...
Ah-Ha!! I looked at that picture and thought: "Man! I thought that Kramer had put on weight in prison, not lost it....."

Like I said, Brownie and the guys looked good. Except where one guy said DA respected married women just seconds before someone else said DA considered tham all to be fair game.

Like T2x said - only part of the story....

Entertaining, though.

Von Bongo 03-06-2003 06:55 PM

Originally posted by cigarette1
I liked the statement near the end when someone said something to the effect:

Boat racing used to be about boat builders, then it became about drug dealers and now it's about rich guys.

G

Kinda like Nascar, bootlegers to car companies to multiple major sponsors.

If boat racing could attract major sponsors then poor guys with talent could get back in :D

timucin 04-04-2003 05:11 PM

a friend of mine recorded the all thing and sent me ,just watched it..
amazing story....

cowisl 04-04-2003 05:17 PM

Freeze Frame has the show recorded if one didnt get a chance to view it.

CAP071 04-04-2003 06:37 PM

how can We get a copy?

Ciao! 04-13-2005 05:36 PM

Re: "Smugglers and Speedboats", the Don Aronow story, Wed 10pm, A&E Network

It was a story that we here in England got little or no news about at the time.
It was pretty strange chatting to Georges Morales in Cowes England in 1983, and then reading all the subsequent stuff about him on the net years later.
I was telling my 11 year old the full story the other night, and he said "Dad thats a Hollywood movie!"
If as other guys on this thread think a movie will be made It could be worth buying a few 1980's Cougars -and selling them on to the film studio!!!!