Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NEW ThunderboatAlley.com---need feedback (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44629-new-thunderboatalley-com-need-feedback.html)

Sean 03-03-2003 08:50 PM

NEW ThunderboatAlley.com---need feedback

Hope the OSO boys don't mind...and if Seve or Jeffrey want this removed, I'll gladly do it...

I'm in the process of "rerigging" ThunderboatAlley.com and will be adding alot of new content...but first I was hoping to get some feedback on the initial design and navigation of the site...so click on the link below and let me know what you think...good and bad...I can take it!

Let me know if you think I missed anything and remember that the links don't work yet...

http://www.thunderboatalley.com/index_1.htm

Thanks!

Playn 03-03-2003 09:06 PM

Sean, The new look is nice, keep it up.

Sean 03-03-2003 09:10 PM

I want to make sure it is easy to navigate and update. If it is hard for me to update, the chances are it will get stale like the old site...I think the current format will help... thanks for the feedback so far...:)

fobes 03-03-2003 10:13 PM

Can't wait Sean, especially like the gallery sections with the list of various models...Matt

apache21 03-03-2003 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sean it looks great. Your website helped me to buy my first Magnum 25. You need to add a link for donations. I know it cost at least $300 a year to host the website.

THRILLSEEKER 03-03-2003 10:41 PM

Sean, as always, great job, if you want another pic to add let me know and I will e-mail you a shot of my 28.

ScalpTaker36 03-03-2003 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You need a good Indian Head.

Great job with the site.

Fort Apache still lives!!!

puder 03-03-2003 11:18 PM

it looks dope!

Sean 03-04-2003 06:43 AM

thanks!

BTW, I was think of adding sections for Apache and Aronow Powerboats, I think they are appropriate to a site dedicated to Aronow and 188th...does anyone have an opinion(it's just gonna make more work for me)

Jack...you need to get me pics of Longshot for the Cigarette Registry...and hold on to that boat...will ya???

Secret F233 03-04-2003 07:44 AM

looks good but, what about thunderbird or even more to the point the F233??????

SPWilson 03-04-2003 08:17 AM

Nice job, looks very professional and is easy to navigate...and YES, you do have your hands full!

puder 03-04-2003 09:44 AM

add th apache section yeah its more work but i think apache is up there in eth "legend" section

Wally 03-04-2003 09:49 AM

the main page looks great....but....umm.....am i missing something here or is my computer not letting me open anythig else but the main page? The pull down menu's work but i cant get them to go anywhere???

Roger 1 03-04-2003 10:00 AM

Great site! I`m with Wally though, Not like that! I mean I can`t go anywhere either once I get there. I`ve checked the oil in my computer and used all the swear words that usually work and still nothing!

Caincando1 03-04-2003 10:03 AM

Cool. Can't wait till its finished. Keep us posted.

Brian

Sean 03-04-2003 10:20 AM

I like the feedback so far... :D :D

So it looks like I'll have to add the Apache and Aronow sections...

As for the navigation, none of the links work yet, I was mainly wanting to make sure it was easy to navigate, and judging by the fact that you guys were trying to click on the links, I think my mission has been accomplished :D :D

Stay tuned, those links will be working shortly!

Sean

Roger 1 03-04-2003 10:42 AM

YOU MEAN IT WAS A TRICK? And I took the bait? Aw crap! I feel like a freakin lab rat!

birdog 03-04-2003 02:43 PM

Love your site sean !!1
You might do some hats or shirts to help pay the overhead ?
Could be more of a pain for you though !!

Put me down for one of each if you do..."Thunderboat Alley"
oh yea....:D

ren3 03-04-2003 03:12 PM

Sean, nice prototype. Hope that the scans and other pictures help. Bob.

Sean 03-04-2003 03:22 PM

Bob,

I got the link and the pics! Thanks alot...I should have everything up within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks to everyone for their support...mebee I will do some Tees!

Sean

Low Rider 03-04-2003 03:48 PM

Nice site, I always enjoy reading about and researching early offshore racing. As you get this developed maybe you could find some copies of Blue Thunder to offer on your website. I know it is out of print but that book sure puts Cigarette, DA and the early offshore boat scene in focus.

I will keep coming back to your site,
John

cgarrett 03-04-2003 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sean,
I for one am glad that you are going to keep it going. The new look is great! Can't wait to see the rest of what you will come up with.

I don't know how far back you are going or if you want to add this type of boat but I have a 1987 31 Cig Decathlon Center Console.

I have a few pictures of others that are out there along with a brochure. They are a part of the history from what I am told because it was the predecessor to the 31 bullet.

Cordell

Sean 03-05-2003 10:09 AM

Cordell,

That is a good point...I will include the Decathalon...

BROWNIE designed that boat based on the Bullet hull. I've always liked it. I wonder how many were built because you certainly don't see them that often...

cgarrett 03-05-2003 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sean,
From what I've been told the Decathlon came before the Bullet and there were only between 20 and 30 of them made.

Also the spelling for it is Decathlon not Decathalon. Got to leave out the "a". I spelled it wrong for a long time.

Thanks for thinking about including it in the history. When I first bought the boat I inquired about it and BROWNIE told me a little about it and then Scott V. Smith gave me a little more.

Thanks,
Cordell

BattleCry 03-06-2003 02:02 AM

The site looks great. The first time I did it, it took me to the old page. And what was up with all the pop-ups? Just curious.:)

Sean 03-06-2003 07:40 AM

Battle Cry,

No pop ups on ThunderboatAlley.com The old message board was free and there is still a link to it on the old home page, and I believe it has pop-ups, but the site itself is pop-up free. :)

BTW, the message board is going away because it is largely unused and hey...OSO is the best message board on the internet today!

Check to see if gator has somehow made it's way on to your computer...and remove it as it is spyware which sends pop up ads to your computer no matter what sites you visit.