Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Chips for Powerstroke. Whats the Best?? >

Chips for Powerstroke. Whats the Best??

Notices

Chips for Powerstroke. Whats the Best??

Old 03-04-2003, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chips for Powerstroke. Whats the Best??

I just Traded Mama's Expedition, for a F350 Dullie, with a Twin Turbo, Powerstroke!!!
Whats the best Chip to go with for Performance and fuel economy? I'm pulling a 32 Sunsation, around 7000lbs, I think!!
Will I need to Modify the Air Intake?? What about the Tranny? Is there anything I need to do to make it Last?

Thanks in Advance for everyone's Imput!!!!!!

U.K. Wildcats National Champs,,, Now that has a nice ring to IT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

twin turbo???...who's making that deal???
Old 03-04-2003, 06:50 AM
Byron

Call my buddy at Mr Engine at 919-781-1331 He can burn a custon chip for performance or towing. He can change your shift points in the tranny. He is great with the chips on the powersrokes. He had a 130hp for my dually and we pulled a 18,000 lb triple engine Sonic all around the country.

Old 03-04-2003, 06:51 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

I've never heard of a twin turbo PSD. I does have a single turbo. Here on the board, Boot, makes and or sells the Western deisel chip. I've heard a lot of good things about it.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

E-mail Boot.....I think he sells them all now...He can tell ya !
Old 03-04-2003, 09:18 AM
bobby daniels

Default TWIN TUBO

Twin turbo ??? lmao get hold of boot he can help ,,,,,,not with twin though

Old 03-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

twin turbo?
Old 03-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ATS, Advanced Turbo Systems. I have their 3 stage chip, 1, stock mode, 2 is tow mode and 3 is performance. Performance is around 90-100 hp. You will need a pyrometer.

Your trans will be good to you if you are good to it. Easy on take off and you should have no problem. Note: My buddy cooked his trans after 15000 miles. He was hammer down all the time, lesson leaned!!
Old 03-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Where did you get twin turbo's !?! I need one !!!

Anyway, thank guys for the kind words ! Yes I am collecting many companies products so that when someone tells me one is better cause their friend has it I can say , "well , I sell them too and this is how it compares to ............." . I like the facts . I hate beating a dead horse but a lot of the products have some serious problems with them or are just a plane rip off , don't work , customer service sucks , or they don't even understand their own products or what they do !!!

GOOD EXAMPLE : I picked up another company last week . (no names for now ). They want $2400 just for the turbo to upgrade an existing turbo on a ford . Most turbos range from $250 -$600 !
I ask the guy that owns the company , "what does it do for the money ?" He says ," I don't realy know, you should see some kind of gain "!!! They have sold 50 of them to date and don't know what it does !?!?! I am getting one to try it but this one has got me realy wondering .......

To answer your quesion, "Quad power chip" by Western diesel. availible for 99-02 fords .It has : OFF ,1,2,3 powers . Switch it on the fly . chip alone will give average about 45-70 & 125 hp and combined with ram air and good exhaust will put out between 150 and 165 hp & 350 ft lbs on the ground through a chassis dyno ! It also reprograms the trans to reduce slip and improve shifts . ON average gains 1 1/2 -2 mpg with chip alone and I have seen as much as 4 mpg with the full system. Ram air is not needed but does help if you get the right one .( some don't work at all !) A good air filter is needed , and a good exhaust is a good idea and works well . Gauges are recomended for the higher hp settings . Keep an eye on the exhaust temps . So far out of about 15 companies , Western has the lowest exhaust temps I have seen on systems that make the same power .

I don't want this to sound like a sales pitch for my gains !!IT's NOT ! I just get sooooo sick of all the people getting ripped off with **** products that don't work right and have NO garrentee!! I sell almost all of them and most I am very unhappy with . But if people insist on wasting money on a bad product , I will take your money for that too . I apreciate all the good feed back from those who have bought from me or their frends ! I will recomend installers you can trust in your area if you like . There are lots of new companies everyday from EX employees of other companies . BUYER BEWARE ........

Please e-mail me if you would like more help . [email protected]

If anyone is near Atlantic City ,NJ this weekend , Stop by my booth #39 in the convension center and see some of this stuff .
I will have on display : Western diesel, Banks, BD, ATS , Super chips , Diablo, ez amp, Edge, and hopefully a few more if the stuff comes in . Don't forget to mension OSO ! Show price is real good but OSO price is even better !! JOE

PS. It is an RV show !
Old 03-05-2003, 06:31 AM
Registered

Thanks for the Info!!!!!!!!

TWIN TURBOS?????? I was either still asleep, or dreaming about my Boat

Thanks Boot, I'll shout at you later, I'm running late this morning....

Quick Reply: Chips for Powerstroke. Whats the Best??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.