Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Profile or Bayliner (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44678-profile-bayliner.html)

bucky 03-04-2003 05:54 PM

SPWilson, LOL. You must be old like me. They have been gone a long time.

TEAMBAJA 03-04-2003 06:00 PM

So what are you asking in your original question? Are you looking to buy one or the other, or just want to know peoples opinions on both companys? From hours upon hours of reading OSO threads, people on here are only gonna bash Bayliner and call it something else (Gayliner, Flatliner, etc....)

Steve_H 03-04-2003 06:02 PM

i have to say im alittle surprized.
friend has a 29 that hasnt had any problems.
fit and finish seams good also.
doesnt compare to a formula but not many do.

shockwaveharry 03-04-2003 06:47 PM

I don't like Bayliner...

paradigm shift 03-04-2003 06:48 PM

TOM:
I would like to know the specifics of the problems you had with the boat if you care to share. What had to be repaired. Nobody should be treated the way you were but I was not there.

I am not afraid to tell you I own a 1997 29' profile vee. 500 + hrs and no hull problems I am aware of anyway. It does not have the performance of some but it is the smoothest ride of any 29' I have been in. I would match it's rough water ability with any in it's size. I am very happy with the boat to date.

Sorry for your problems but you need to iron them out with Randy.

shockwaveharry 03-04-2003 06:49 PM

OMG! I just did the poll... It's 50/50?????:confused:

SeaRay Jim 03-04-2003 06:49 PM

Why do you think they call it "BAY" "LINER" :D

Caincando1 03-04-2003 07:50 PM

I really have to believe that Profiles quality has realy taken some leaps for the better in the last couple years. This isn't the first time I've heard concerns about the older onces.

That's terrible that Randy treated you that way. I'm still curious to know both sides of the story. Randy really doesn't seem to be the kind of person to act that way without being provoked.

Randy really would like to sell the company. I'd love to see someone who is buisness minded take over the ranes. I think he has a great start, he just doesn't have the buisness ability to take the company coast to coast.

WTC 03-04-2003 07:53 PM

i have a 03 28 cat i think is bad ass. Randy has all ways been very nice to me when i have called him on something about the boat. I'm in customer service when people call me about problems on there new homes, if thay come out of the gate wide open at me i just hang up, some people cuss back though. did you come out of the gate wide open.

Caincando1 03-04-2003 08:24 PM

WTC,
I see this is your first post. Welcome aboard. Don't let this post bitter your taste for this board. Did you buy the boat directly from the factory or a dealer?

Brian