View Poll Results: Profile or Bayliner
38.83%
Bayliner
61.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Profile or Bayliner

Old 03-04-2003, 08:39 PM
ren3

WTC, if you are in customer service and somebody comes at you with a problem, it should be your job to not hang up and match their rudeness, but rather to find out what their real problem is and solve it. That makes for satisfied customers, and the best long term ones usually had a problem that was taken care of professionally to everyone's satisfaction. Sounds like a few people need some training.

Last edited by ren3; 03-04-2003 at 08:41 PM.

Old 03-05-2003, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TEAMBAJA
So what are you asking in your original question? Are you looking to buy one or the other, or just want to know peoples opinions on both companys? From hours upon hours of reading OSO threads, people on here are only gonna bash Bayliner and call it something else (Gayliner, Flatliner, etc....)
for a first boat i think a bayliner would be ok, though they really dont have any cool performance models, my first was a bayliner, had to get my foot in the door somwhere, even though my heart has ALWAYS been with the offshore crowd, TEAM BAJA... i was on some big ass black thunder at a show and the sales rep said that they call BAJA (BAJALINERS) i didnt think it was very fair myself, BAJA is pretty well respected in my area,
Old 03-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Registered

Can't comment on Profile other than they look nice,everyone rips on Bayliner,my Dad just sold his 1985 Bayliner and it had 1000hrs on it and he never had one problem with that boat never took it back to the dealer, nothing and I rode my ass around a lot in that boat so I can't say anything bad about Bayliner, a lot depends on who owns the thing,there's quite a few knukkleheads out there.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:02 AM
SPWilson

Question

Would this thread classify itself as...
"we get what we pay for"?
People buy Bayliners because they don't want to pay for the Sea Ray quality. I am not familiar with Profile, and do not mean to offend ANYONE, but I am guessing that it is much less expensive than the Velocity, AT, PP and the others n the high quality category. Just curious!

Old 03-05-2003, 10:12 AM
Registered

I don't think a Profile is any less expensive than most. You can buy factory direct and then yes you will save a bunch. But that would be true with any builder.

All Eddie Marine hardware, Mcloud interior. Hand laid with high end materials, fully bonded deck and hull. Full cockpit and cabin liners in most models. What more can you ask for? I've molested allot of brands of boats. I'd say Profile ranks right up there.

But I will say that the problems with Randy are bringing up concerns.

I'd be interested to hear some other peoples opinions. Good or Bad.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by SeaRay Jim
Why do you think they call it "BAY" "LINER"
Careful there pal, doesn't the same company that owns SeaRay own Bayliner??
Old 03-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Registered

I have a buddy with a 28' Profile cat. He loves it and has had no major issues that I'm aware of. That's about the extent of my Profile knowledge or experience.
Dean
Old 03-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Registered

More info please. I've been through their shop, and it appeared workmanship and materials was top quality. Their hospitality was awesome. I showed up outa the blue and asked if I could take a look around and got a personal tour of everything. Jumped in 2 different boats, and the 29 really got my attention. It was my plan to purchase a 29 with a 500hp in 2 years. I hope this post doesn't change that.! I own a Baja now, which has been completely trouble free. What really impressed me was that Profile didn't slam any other brand of boat at all. I talked at length with a Powerquest dealer one time and you woulda thought I owned the worlds biggest steaming pile when he got done trashing Baja's. Profile just seemed genuinely excited to be churning out boats........
Old 03-05-2003, 05:31 PM
liquidlocomotive

I have delt with Randy Schultz the owner of Profile for about eight years now and can only say that he has been very nice to deal with. At times he may have alot on his plate like the rest of us, but he always came thru. I had a 1994 29' and it was a great boat. Fast for a single engine true 29' boat.

Old 03-06-2003, 08:19 AM
Goody76

I own an '01 28 cat with 750hp, dry exhaust, imco shortie, 5 bladed Hering prop and to be honest I am not easy with the boat. When I get the chance to stretch it out trust me I do and its in Barnegate Bay which if anybody is familiar with its always 2-3+ footers the boat is great. The only reasons it was ever behind sea tow is because I am a Bravo abuser. Any problems were taken care of by Randy or Tom. As for quailty it is top notch for boats that are close to cost for the "average" person to own, unlike other small custom builders who build them cheap to meet the market which is alright but test it and market it like its a skater with 1500-2000hp+ in a cat that isn't even a true tunnel and kill every one on board. It was ashame what happend to that builder but if we are going to bash quailty lets look at some facts .

Quick Reply: Profile or Bayliner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.