Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Texoma Resort and Marina for sell >

Lake Texoma Resort and Marina for sell

Notices

Lake Texoma Resort and Marina for sell

Old 03-05-2003, 08:28 AM
TulsaLarry

Default Lake Texoma Resort and Marina for sell

OK, has anyone had the dream of owning a resort and marina so they can make money while being on the lake full time? Here is a deal you might want to check into:

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Measures permitting the sale of one state lodge, the lease of three others and the bond-financed funding of repairs at three state parks were approved Tuesday in the state House.

House Bill 1431, by Rep. Bob Plunk, D-Ada, would authorize the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Commission to sell Lake Texoma Resort and related property such as boat docks, waterfront acreage and at least one golf course.

Here is a little info on Lake Texoma Resort:

http://www.touroklahoma.com/Pages/resort6.html

Old 03-05-2003, 10:04 AM
TulsaLarry

Lake Texoma State Resort Park
Lodge: P. O. Box 248
Kingston, OK 73439
Phone: 580/564-2311 • Fax: 580/564-9322

100 lodge rooms; 27 cabins (sleep 8); 40 cabins (sleep 4); bayview (sleeps 40); log shelters; 6 poolside suites; meeting facilities; banquet facilities; dining room; waterfront lounge; recreation & fitness center; swimming pool; lighted tennis courts; play courts.

Park: P.O. Box 279
Kingston, OK 73439
Park Office: 580/564-2566
Golf Course: 580/564-3333

87 full RV sites; 194 electric RV sites; rally campground; tent camping; covered pavilions; hiking trail; lighted airstrip; swimming beach; marina; miniature golf; go-cart track; batting cages; video arcade; bumper boats; horseback riding stables; sno-cone stands; coin-operated laundry; off-track betting. Open year ’round. 18-hole golf course; driving range. Chickasaw Point Golf Course open 1999.

Old 03-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it say how much $$$$?
Old 03-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa!
My new boat is sitting at that marina right now. Howz bout someone going over there and getting it for me till I get down there in 4 weeks?
Old 03-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

us1 fountain i go there everyother weekend i can pull it to okc if you need too. i have a 35 linghtning myself . it will probaly be ok there unless everyone is pissed they may loose there job if so ohh shiiit.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:28 AM
TulsaLarry

The measure to sell the resort still has to be approved by the State Senate, but I would expect that to be no problem since the State is short on money. The big problem right now is the amount of money needed to improve all the state owned resorts($100,000,000.00). It amazes me how something like this, run by the government, cannot make a profit.

Back in the early 90's the state sold one of their properties on Lake Eufaula and nearly gave it away just to get out from under it. The Lake Texoma Resort has about 1900 acres and should bring a good price but won't bring anything near what its worth, it will go wholesale.