Oh well the car deal fell through

Notices

Oh well the car deal fell through

Old 03-06-2003, 09:53 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Oh well the car deal fell through

I got the the BMW dealer yesterday and my guess is some one else came in and made a offer on the car I had a deposit on because they would not move even so much as 500 bucks when in the start of this whole deal they "could move more on used then on new car". There was NO WAY I was going to pay FULL retail actually slightly above for a car that was not perfect (small scratch in the hood that on trade in they would have taken about 800 bucks off for). I even showed them that there was one across town with less miles and it was about 4 grand less then they were asking. So then I pointed out that for about 2 grand more I could have brand new and started to look at new. They were not moving enough on the price of the new car and showed very little interest in dealing at all. Guess the economy is not so bad after all? I just got up and walked out. Anyhow I am off to look at the new Honda Accord with Navagation, Volvo's, and VW's. I wish I could get Pam to look at Saabs because I drove one of them the other day and it was nicer then the Benze even as far as interior noise and BLEW AWAY the BMW in all aspects of driving, CHEAPER ALSO . Another possibility is the Benze 240 4 matic but seems that selection on those is not good right now The front runner for Pam is the Passat v6 with 4wheel drive or the Jetta.

Jon
Old 03-06-2003, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

I got a nice E320 on Ebay right now. Reserve is $18,500.
1997 80k miles. White/Tan leather.

We just sold a 330Ci pretty cheaply.

If you're looking at Accords, we got a 1998 3.5RL Acura with less than 40k. Reserve is also $18,500.

I know you're not exactly "local" but both of these are good deals on good cars so I figured I'd shoot them by you.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the offer but she put the milage cut off on used at 20,000 and you just do not argue with your women on stuff like that. If the car was to ever break down it would be my azz if you know what i mean So off I go a shoppin again I just feel bad because she was so excited about that last one.

Jon
Old 03-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Audiofn,

Give me a shot at your business, I specialize in pre owned high line cars at wholesale prices. Check my inventory at WWW.AUTOCONNECTIONLLC.COM and if you see anything you like let me know, I will give you a special OSO price on anything.

Lee Berrey
Old 03-06-2003, 11:13 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vyper340 has a sweet BMW 330 2 door loaded, garage queen he is trying to sell.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 03-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you guys ever thought about buying American made products?
Just a thought!
Old 03-06-2003, 01:01 PM
Registered

It's real simple actually. Ford,Chevy,Dodge.
And if they made tvs(Zenith) in the U.S, I would buy one.
It amazes me how many people on this board talk about owning
lexus,bmw,acura,etc. If I was looking for a sports car it would be a Corvette, end of story.

BTW I just checked the tag on my shirt...PLUMA...MADE IN USA

Last edited by Erie Desire; 03-06-2003 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Registered

Default HIGH LINE CARS&TRUCKS

AUDIOFN, I'M A BUICK PONTIAC GMC DEALER IN CENTRAL FL , NOT ONLY DO WE SELL NEW & USED CARS AND TRUCKS ON MY LOTS ,I ALSO OWN A WHOLESALE COMPANY IN ORLANDO WHERE WE SELL $750,000 TO $1,000,000 WORTH OF HIGH LINE VEHICLES A MONTH.I'VE SOLD MANY ON THIS BOARD AS WELL TO MY FELLOW RACERS.E-MAIL ME IF I CAN HELP.
JOHN G
BIOAKSOFFSHORE.COM
Old 03-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Erie Desire: It sounds like where the corp is domiciled is how you determine if it is American. How do we determine Volvo, Jag, Isuzu, Mazda, etc. These are all "foreign" car companies actually owned or invested in by American car makers. Then you consider foreign owned car companies with plants stateside, like Honda, Superoo (sp?) Toyota, BMW, MBz, etc. These are NON-American cars, but built in America by American workers. Then you look at the domestic content of American cars, and find a suprising percentage of Ford, Chevy and Dodges are made out of the country.

It is good to have loyalties. It is even better to deserve that loyalty. Since I can't keep all this straight without a score card, I've elected to be loyal to myself, and buy from whomever provides the best "value" (combination of attributes I want, weighted by the manufactuer's respect for my money). As an American, it thrills me when the winning product is American made. But I'll be damned to buy a less-than optimal product simply because my neighbor made it. The vendor owes the consumer the best product; the consumer doesn't owe the vendor the purchase. Whatever happened to the old notion of "earning someone's business"?

Audio: Sorry about stealing your thread

Erie Desire: Sorry if this sounded advisarial; it wasn't intended as such. Just venting some steam about my "home team" manufacturers who feel they are entitled to profit on American consumers simply because they exsist. That attitude exsisted, and still does somewhat, in Japan and is part of the reason their economy sucks and their standard of living is far below ours. The free market is cold and uncaring, but it does work eventually if we let it.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too Old: Your post beat mine, and said it better. But I spent so long writing mine, it will stay up there.

Off'cer Trout: I care.

Quick Reply: Oh well the car deal fell through

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.