Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Pearl Harbor Attack By The Nj Boat Regulation Commission! >

Pearl Harbor Attack By The Nj Boat Regulation Commission!

Notices

Pearl Harbor Attack By The Nj Boat Regulation Commission!

Old 03-05-2003, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pearl Harbor Attack By The Nj Boat Regulation Commission!

Hello Everyone,

Over the last 6 months we collectively waged a battle against the NJ Boat Regulation Commission and other groups in regard to Speed Limits on inland tidal waterways. After much debate and excellent support by our supporters, we were successful in defeating the pending speed limit legislation.

A lot of us attended the last meeting of the NJ Boat Regulation Commission in Trenton and witnessed Mr. Roger Brown acknowledge that speed limits would not work. He stated that the expansion of a few no wake zones as well as a few new ones would be adequate. He also stated that mandatory boater education would be recommended to the State Legislature. I have talso talked to Roger Brown on several occasions since the Trenton meeting and I thanked him repeatedly for considering the FACTS and not FICTIONS in regard to their decision on speed limits.

As I mentioned in previous messages, I said that we won 80% of the battle but we needed to keep a "pulse" on the situation. Firstly, last week the initial boater educatrion bill was drafted and it stated "powerboaters" not boaters (which would include all boaters including sailboaters). That was brought to my attention and I scratched my head and vowed that I would question this when I got back from vacation (I'm currently on vacation in Florida with my family).

With being on vacation this week, I asked NJPPC member Frank Civitano to attend today's NJ Boat Regulation Commission meeting.

THANK GOD WE MADE GOOD ON OUR PROMISE TO FOLLOW THROUGH!!!!!

Today, Frank & Melissa Civitano along with 1 reporter were the only people who witnessed the following:

NJ Boat Regulation Commission is proposing that all of the Metedeconk & Toms River channels become NO WAKE ZONES. Frank Civitano asked the commission what did they base this on? They replied...."letters."

I CANNOT EXPRESS HOW DISAPPOINTED I AM IN THIS MOTION!!

The idea of making both bodies of water No Wake Zones is absolutely ludicrous and not based on factual data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF WE ALLOW THEM TO DO THIS - IT WILL LEAD TO MORE AND MORE NO WAKE ZONES UNTIL ALL INLAND WATERS ARE NO WAKE ZONES!!

Effective immediately, we are going to make good on our promise to continue this fight and we will not rest until a reasonable fact based plan is put in place.

Our gameplan will be as follows:
1. Contact Mr. Roger Brown via email: [email protected] and state your opposition!!!

2. Contact the following Legislators and state your opposition to the NJ Boat Regulation Commission's plan for NO WAKE ZONES as well as ask them if they are aware of their plan? I would bet they are not!

Assemblyman David W. Wolfe (R) tel 732 840-9028 Email: [email protected]
Assemblyman Sean T. Kean (R) tel (732) 776-8628 Email: [email protected]
Senator Andrew R. Ciesla (R) tel (732) 840-9028 Email: [email protected]
Senator Joseph A. Palaia (R) tel (732) 531-1303 Email: [email protected]

3. Contact Jim Gearhart @ NJ 101.5 FM and express that Roger Brown's "Christmas Present to all boaters " as Jim called it on his radio show was a "Pearl Harbor Attack on the boaters in the State of NJ". This will help turn up the heat!!!!
Email Jim Geahart at [email protected]

4. Contact Asbury Park Press Newspaper Reporter Kirk Moore: (732) 557-5728 He did an awesome job covering the Speed Limit Issue. He needs to sense the urgency of this matter.

The NJPPC Planning Committee has a meeting planned for next Fri night and will address the issue as well.

Thank you for your support and thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

Best Regards,
Dave Patnaude
President
NJPPC
Old 03-05-2003, 04:48 PM
Registered

GO GET'EM Dave
Good luck with your fight. You'd think that all those letter writers would want all the LOUD boats to go by as fast as possible so they wouldn't have to listen to ya'll "idle" by. Again, good luck, and sorry I missed you in Miami. Enjoy your vacation.
Robert
Old 03-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck Dave.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:01 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

yes we all have to send emails we have to burie them and send jim gearhart at 101.5 hes the man next to dave p i just sent some off and i will send some more off day after day so all oso friends take 5 and help out thanks joe
Old 03-05-2003, 08:02 PM
Registered

WTF, this is out of hand. Looks like we all have to send our letters again.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sent my thoughts. Sorry to see no ones mailbox was full yet. Good luck. Its bad enough we have big DUMB manatees to deal with here in Fl. You have elected officials that are related to the manatees. Having grown up in NJ and having family that own a house on the water in Manasquan I wish you guys the best. No wake zones spread like "wild fires"!! Just ask anyone that lives in Fl.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Sent my sentiments.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Registered

What a load of s%$t! Our family's favorite dining spot w/ the kids is the Lobster Shanty. It should only take about 1 hr. to idle from the bridge there. I'm firing off the emails. This Roger Brown is a real snake!
Old 03-05-2003, 09:40 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

This doesn't surprise me...

I am starting to think Mr. Brown should not be in his position advising anyone when he thinks that there are only two types of watercraft on the bay...

Here was his reply to my email questioning why ALL vessel operators were not required to take the safety course:

Mr. Sharkey:

Thank you for your email re. the Boat Education Bill. I will try to
answer your questions.

I think that "power vessel or a personal water craft" covers all the boats on the water. What other type of vessel did you have in mind?

Part of Section 3., parr.C states,
provided that the person successfully completes a State-approved pre-first-time purchase instruction course provided by the owner or operator of the
boat dealership prior to operating the power vessel, and the owner or operator of the boat dealership is
experienced in the operatioon of power vessels and has successfully completed a boat safety course approved by the Superintendent of the State Police.

Roger Brown, Chairman, NJBRC
Attached Images  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Allan4

Sent a few e-mails, hope it helps. Good luck, I hate government intervention.........

Quick Reply: Pearl Harbor Attack By The Nj Boat Regulation Commission!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.