Notices

Trying to attach a pic

Old 01-26-2003, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trying to attach a pic

I've been trying for an hour. How in hell is it done?????????????
Old 01-26-2003, 08:14 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I have the same problem. Especially the ones done in a high res. I don't have any trouble resizing, just with the large files.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is it better to take a pic at a lower mega-pixel?
Old 01-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Registered

I use MGI Photo Suite and you might be able to get enough from this to post.
If you need help you can PM Me. I have also done it with Paint and a few others.
I use “My Pictures” as the folder I usually send and take pictures from.
I copy the picture in case I screw it up, this way I still have the original.
Right click on the picture and left click on “copy”. Move the mouse to a blank area and right click and chose “Paste” and a copy appears. I now right click and then left click on “Rename”. Type in what you want to call it.
Right click on the pic and scroll up to “Open With” and without clicking some choices appear in a box beside it. I use MGI Photo Suite and left click on it and the program opens.
Along the top of the page look for “Image” and left click. Scroll down to “Resize” and left click. A ”Change Image Size” Box appears. Click the dot in 640x480 and click ok.
(you can go smaller in size depending on the picture you might have to play around with the numbers)
If the picture is really screwed up you can left click on “Edit” then left click “Undo” but it will only undo the last step but this allows you to go back and try again for a size.
If you have the right size picture (look at the name of the picture and the size in the bar at the top) and it looks ok go up and left click on “File” then scroll and left click on “Save AS”.
A Save Image box appears. You have to pick a folder to save the image in. I use “My Pictures”
The file name should already be there.
In the “Save as Type” box it should say JPG file. If it does not, use the arrow to get the drop down menu and click on it.
It should now say JPEG File. Do you notice a JPEG Image Quality slider? After you save this picture and if it is to many bytes to post you may have to come back to this point and move the slider down. You won’t have to go through copying the pic ect. just open it up and chose file…..save as…then move the slider. Then Click ok.

The picture is now resized and ready to post.
On OSO at the bottom click on Browse and then look in the folder that you put the picture and click on it. Words should appear in the browse box and your ready to submit.

Good luck,
Cordell
Old 01-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posting Pictures..

Ambusher,

If you figure out how to do it will you Please try and tell me>>I know that people are trying hard to tell how to do it but they understand PCs and they loose me right off the start. 640 x whatever I have no idea what they are talking about, My pictures are 4 x 6 colored photos thats all I know. I have a Packard Hewett printer,scaner, copy and E mail all in one. I keep waiting for someone that understands how to do it to drop by but as of yet no dice! Maybe Im either too dumb or too old, Havent figured out which yet..I bought a Computer book but I dont understand it either!
People keep asking me to post my ride and I keep saying the same old thing "I dont Know how.. Help!!

eliminator219
Old 01-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Registered

Default Wrong Person..

Ambusher,

Sorry I sent a message that I was trying to send to cig 1988..to you, Please excuse my error!!

eliminator219
Old 01-27-2003, 09:04 PM
Registered

I do this. Find pic from file, right click open with,left click Imaging. Left click on the % box , (I go with 48) type in 48 hit enter, then save as bitmap.and close out. Find your bitmap pic on file,right click open with, left click paint, once in paint just save as J peg.Works for me.

Last edited by FloridianSon; 01-27-2003 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:28 PM
Registered

FloridianSon,
Interesting as to how we all have our different ways of getting to the same goal. I have played around with Imaging a little but found it a pain trying to use the % to do it. I'm going to "hopefully" post a pic useing your way and will keep it in mind for the future. I guess it all depends on what programs we have on our computers.

Thanks again for another way,
Cordell
Attached Thumbnails Trying to attach a pic-pib-test.jpg  
Old 01-28-2003, 06:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

eliminator219,
I was at the same point you are. Dont be discouraged. I would like to explain how to do this but am way too new for that. Cgarrett helped me step by step through pm's and e-mail. Buddy, I am still learning.
Cgarrett,
Thanks again for the help. I had to dramatcally reduce the size of the following pic. Should I use a lower pixel when I take the shot?
The pic below was taken with 3 pixel.
Attached Thumbnails Trying to attach a pic-dscf0008.jpg  

Last edited by cig1988; 01-28-2003 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

he he he, i've starting to get it!
Attached Thumbnails Trying to attach a pic-dscf0002.jpg  

Quick Reply: Trying to attach a pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.