Notices

curious about occupations

Old 03-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default curious about occupations

I am a new member to OSO, however have enjyed powerboating all my life. In the short time since "discovering" this site, I have been on it every chance I get. I am already a Platinum member. Many of the comments have helped me immensely and it appears to me there are many individuals on here that are apparently in the boat business.

Who is in the business and in what capacity? As for me, I am a boating afficionado since my childhood, however, I became a lawyer. Although I enjoy what I do, at times I believe I should have gone into the boat business. I am considering more and more investing in a boat related business at this time.....what do you think?
Old 03-06-2003, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Welcome Donz, you are right, it is all here. You will find many of the most 'prolific' and able marine people here. Good luck with your dream. I'm sure you'll have an overwhelming responce to your post. Just remember that insatiable planning is always the way to sucess, that, and surrounding ones self with people of expert talent can't hurt too bad either. Good Luck, and Welcome to Offshore Only, you'll like it here. P.S. I'm in the automotive sector, and I wish I could surround my life in Perf. Boating industry as well.............................someday maybe.........
Old 03-06-2003, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think if you want to get into the "boat" game - a great way to start (as you said you are considering investing) would be to sponsor a race boat. There are plenty of good guys here that are trying to further this sport, and could use a little financial help, as well as some muscle around the pits, and "leg time" on the phone and such. Everyone in this sport is always inviting anyone in that is willing to help in anyway they can. Talk to Chris Reindl, Reindl powerboats - good guy, he'll help you get into it if you want. Or e-mail me, I'll help anyway I can.
I'm just trying to get into it myself but my disability gets int he way. I have been diagnosed as "FINANCIALLY CHALLENGED".
they say I may have full recovery but it will take alot of rehabilitation.

Bouy
Old 03-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Registered

interesting disability, bouy......I hear there is usually a full recovery for those that put a lot of effort into their rehabilitation exercises.............I would be interested in sponsoring a team at some level, financially and with good 'ole elbow grease as well....it helps me rehabilitate from the day's stress......

I am in Miami....anyone interested can e-mail at [email protected] and we can discuss details......
Old 03-06-2003, 07:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink trust me.....

Never turn your hobby into a business. Enjoy the site - keep your law practice and never get in the boat business - haha - well only if you like pain - BH
Old 03-06-2003, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thedonz:
"I am a boating afficionado since my childhood, however, I became a lawyer."

All that proper upbringing and you still became a lawyer?

Just teasing, had to razz the new guy
Old 03-06-2003, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OSO seems to be my job lately.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:41 PM
Registered

Spectre,

despite my family's teachings I decided to chase ambulances anyways.....hehe, ....now that I have no one's respect, I might as well refuse to grow up too and play with bigger toys......

law practice will just finance my bigger toys.........
Old 03-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A Lawyer Huh Hmmmmm Might be able to use you come summertime when the local cops chase me down. I'll call you on your cell for some advice
Old 03-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Donz,
I've been working through the rehab, It's getting better, but still not walking yet...haha
Talk to some of the guys on the board if you wanna get into it. What do you want to do? - do you want to campaign your own boat? or do you want to just race with yourself in the seat? Do you want to promote your business or someone elses?
if you answeres yes to any of those questions there is someone on the board that will put you where you want to be.\

And for god's sakes, whatever you do, don't post a thread titled "ready to sponsor" you'll be nailed with 50,000,000,000,0000,000,0000,0000000.0 responses.

just talk to the guys that know what they are doing. And stick with the guys that have the passion for it.
good luck my friend,

Bouy

Quick Reply: curious about occupations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.