Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Shootout Rules take 2 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44925-new-shootout-rules-take-2-a.html)

cashmoney 03-10-2003 09:18 AM

New Shootout Rules take 2

Looking at the new shootout rules, seems they are gonna tighten things up a bit.

They must have taken some serious blowback from last years Budwieser blowout

NEW RULES FOR SHOOTOUT

any thoughts...?....Are we happy yet...?

GeeterB 03-10-2003 09:35 AM

Deck Boat:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pontoon Boat:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This just in..........A "dock" (entered in thedeck boat class) driven by I.B. Insane just took the coveted Top gun award...in second was Callan Marine...

In the interview that followed his pass....

I.B said "Yep, I just took the blower motors outta mu tractors and bolted 'em to mu fishin' dock and then welded that there rutter and I wuz off and runnin'. Yeeee Doggy was that fun!"

Magicfloat 03-10-2003 09:36 AM

Even Bernie Little's money won't get Miss Bud around that:)

Jeff 03-10-2003 09:39 AM

what's up with the no open exhaust? Is that a problem up there now for boaters?

wwwTOPDJcom 03-10-2003 10:06 AM

I can see it Now Miss bud on a float on trailer ha :D

Gary Anderson 03-10-2003 10:09 AM

Jeff,
No big deal on the exhaust. The WP just ignores the noise regulations around the shootout area that weekend.
They just dont want the louder race boats running around the whole lake without mufflers.
Gary

Jeff 03-10-2003 11:16 AM

what do you guys with 700 or more hp do? Glad we found out about the noise police there before we ever made another trip out there.

Gary Anderson 03-10-2003 11:46 AM

Jeff,
They're not that strict for recreational boaters. Trust me, there are a lot of twin engine boats with over 700hp/side.
You just dont want to flaunt it too much while you're passing the water patrol or running around at 1:00AM.
Gary

SummerObsession 03-10-2003 12:11 PM

I thought they could just have a rule that the boat must seat at least two people, regardless of hull type. I don't think there are any two seat hydro's or drag boats out there. Someone would probably build one though.

KCHOTBOAT 03-10-2003 12:18 PM

This should be a good thing for the shootout. Maybe draw more boats.

KCHOTBOAT 03-10-2003 12:20 PM

They also need to require all boats to start in the starting box. Last time I ran in the shootout several of the large boats had a running start and where up on plan running through the box.

JaayTeee 03-10-2003 12:48 PM

Looks like #5 and #20
will make it kind of difficult for
the Busch clan :D :D

Cord 03-10-2003 12:55 PM

All you need is a crane that is at a different/close marina and then tow it over.

Aqua-Holic 03-10-2003 02:29 PM

I.B said "Yep, I just took the blower motors outta mu tractors and bolted 'em to mu fishin' dock and then welded that there rutter and I wuz off and runnin'. Yeeee Doggy was that fun!"
:D :D :D

All you need is a crane that is at a different/close marina and then tow it over.

I was thinking the same thing.

Who has the popcorn???? We could be here a while:p

HyperBaja 03-10-2003 02:36 PM

Originally posted by KCHOTBOAT
This should be a good thing for the shootout. Maybe draw more boats.
I would go there, but I dont want to make the Callan boat feel bad for being slower than a little baja with a 6 cylinder..... :D

JaayTeee 03-10-2003 02:38 PM

The'll loose that WOW factor
if they can't crane in at Shooters:D :D

gdfatha 03-10-2003 02:41 PM

Originally posted by SummerObsession
I thought they could just have a rule that the boat must seat at least two people, regardless of hull type. I don't think there are any two seat hydro's or drag boats out there. Someone would probably build one though.
======================

A four (4) seat unlimited hydro is already built and running. It will be used for marketing to bring more sponsors into the Unlimited Hydro world.
It is the U-4 it was built by and is driven by Mark Evans.

SummerObsession 03-10-2003 04:05 PM

Well there ya go! I knew it had to be too simple!