Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Champlain NY/VT Gathering & Run August 2nd, 2003 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44960-lake-champlain-ny-vt-gathering-run-august-2nd-2003-a.html)

Kanookstr 04-23-2003 07:04 PM

GLH, if he wants to save the ferry ride and Launch from Plattsburgh, I can swing by into Plattsburgh on my way down to Mallets. I'll be coming from the cottage up north anyway;) Also Matt and his buddy will be coming from Plattsburgh.. Just a thought.:)

GLH 04-23-2003 07:11 PM

I posted this earlier in the tread but there is a list of all the state ramps willsboro bay has a nice spot to lauch too here we go.

Guys coming from NY, NJ might have an easier time putting in the water on the NY side at the bottom of Willsboro Bay or something like that and then zipping accros it would save a lot of trailering. I just talked with the owner of Willsboro Bay Marina and she says there is a beautiful state ramp at the bottom of the bay with plenty of parking. Found this on NY state web about public ramps others are listed on Lake Champlain:

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/d.../foe4cbl2.html

(D) - Essex County, Willsboro Bay. On County Route 27 on east side of bay, 3 miles north of the Village of Willsboro. Hard surface launching ramp. Parking for 100 cars and trailers. Pumpout.

and here is the location of the place just hit directions from that page, I imagine coming from the south or West you would save at least 60-70 miles trailering. This is also a very low traffic area if your wondering about safety no population at all around there just ask BatGirl she's from around there and her parents live on the lake in that location.

P) - Clinton County, Port Au Roche. Off Route 9, 6 miles north of the City of Plattsburgh on the Point Au Roche Road. Concrete launching ramp. Parking for 40 cars and trailers.

Airpacker 04-24-2003 07:27 AM

GLH.its a 25 daytona. I can sleep on her overnight but the rest of the onboard ammenities are a little scarce:) Somedays i miss my old powerplay :(
How nasty does the lake get down there,4 footers are about all I can take without beatin the boat to death.
Ferry ride? big ferry I guess.
If I can swing it I would probably arrive around dinner time friday evening,could I still get a guide from Plattsburg? Let me know
Thanks
Sean.

Audiofn 04-24-2003 07:51 AM

Airpacker I will be arriving probably around Friday late afternoon also. That is assuming my boat is finished. Do not worry about the accomodations I am going to fly by night on this one as well. Maybe set up s tent who knows. If ya have to just get drunk enough to sleep in your back seat :D:D

Jon

Airpacker 04-24-2003 08:30 AM

OK,that settles it,I will do what I can to try to make the trip. I might be solo or with a friend,don't know yet.
Jon,as for the gettin drunk part,NO PROBLEMMO. You American boys have any preferrence for a certain brand of beer or Canadian whiskey? If not,I'll make sure to bring a bottle or two of what I consider to be good Canadian whiskey. Any chance that someone from there could find me a big box of Yuenglings porter? I'll play trades if you can.

Shane 04-24-2003 08:36 AM

Airpacker,

Please leave the SARS at home!:p

GLH 04-24-2003 08:51 AM

Sean,

Molson Dry Please!

If you can sleep on your boat I have the peripheral equipment (BBQ and all that crap) you can hook up with me and use all that stuff.

Friday evening we will splash at the ramp were the run will start and go to the Naked Turtle in Plattsburgh and come back to sleep at Thayer Beach to be ready to go in the mornings for the start, the ride from the turtle to Thayer is about 30 Min and on GPS so no problems

Waves:
It depends on the wind usually you will not get anything bigger than 4' save for when wind is either due north or south this happens about 15% of the time you could follow one of the +35' deep V's. I know you guys like being up front tough!

You can reach me pretty much anytime on my Cell 802-734-8284

Airpacker 04-24-2003 09:00 AM

Originally posted by Shane
Airpacker,

Please leave the SARS at home!:p

Shane,in a city of over 3 million people ther are 266 cases known,but if you really want,I'll stop in on my way through town and try to get some for ya ;)

Seriously,this thing has become a major media driven load of crap! What we are talking about is an infection rate of .0000088% of the population. We are all really skeered as you can tell.

P.S. you'll notice I changed my location to better reflect where I really live from Toronto to Aurora, a small town of 6500 30 miles north of the big smoke. I used Toronto because who in the hell would know where Aurora is :)
GLH,Molson dry? really? eeeeew but ok,I'll bring ya some.

GLH 04-24-2003 09:06 AM

Hey Sean,
When I lived in Montreal and came down here every weekend a case of Molson Dry was my rent to stay at my buddy's house!!!!!

It's the best barder tool!

Airpacker 04-24-2003 01:48 PM

ok,Molson dry for barter,hmmmmmm, wonder what I can trade it for?Should I bring a truck load or just a case or two?