Rex Marine Customer Service >

Rex Marine Customer Service

Notices

Rex Marine Customer Service

Old 03-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Rex Marine Customer Service

Maybe it's cause it's monday and i'm a bit cranky, but...

Rex sent me the Ride Guide adapter for my new Momo wheel and the kit came with the wrong bolts to attach wheel to the hub...the hub and cap are machined for 6 oval head bolts and they sent me 6 pan head bolts which are too long...by at least 1/4"

So I called and they want me to send evertything back so they can "look at it"...rather than send me the correct 6 bolts...

I'm annoyed and mybe for no reason, but stupid little inconveniences like this just piss me off. That is the main problem with dealing with mail-order and the internet...and if at all possible, future purchases will be made with someone local to me...
Old 03-10-2003, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had same problems in the past, not with rex but I feel your pain.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:17 PM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Agree with you on wanting good customer service but maybe you will sleep better if you go to the hardware store and spend $1 for the correct size stainless screws and have your project complete. Just another option. Or, I am sure someone has a bat you can borrow.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I had a simular problem with IMCO. Some parts were missing. I know because I unpacked it! Some other parts may have been lost at the dealer and may not of been IMCO's doing. Either way, they all needed to be replaced. IMCO insisted on charging me for the part (a single nylon lock nut) that I knew was missing! Then they had the gall to cut me a deal a waive the minimum order value!
Old 03-10-2003, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a wrong boxed K & N product from Rex they had me send the one back, then sent the correct one and a free rex marine Tshirt for my troubles.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

I've had two different issues on two different orders and the same run around as you Sean. I guess i'm not the only one!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Oceans East

Last year I purchase a closed cooling system from Oceans East Marine on the net. There were two brass fittings missing from the kit. I went to Goodyear and bought them ~$16.00. I emailed Ocean East and the owner got back to me immediately and said to sent him the reciept and he would send me a check. I doubt he had even seen the kit, I'm pretty sure it was drop shipped. I never sent the reciept because the fact that he was concerned was enough to please me. A couple of weeks later I got a check from him anyway. That's the kind of service I like. Let's face it, everybody makes mistakes, it's how you deal with it that makes the difference.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rv...obviously it's not the money that matters here...but i think you get the point